Snow Leopard vs Canon ir2022i - Not working and no one has answers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lolaflump, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Lolaflump macrumors newbie

It is 5 months since I upgraded to Snow Leopard - from that day forward I have been unable to use my Canon ir2022i printer/photo copier for network printing. I can link to a colleague's computer and print through them, but the capability is not available with my own computer and if the colleague's not in ... well too bad!

I am experiencing difficulties with all the printers in my office - so it is not an isolated incident (I'm currently having an interesting relationship with an HP Laserjet 1022 which will only print odd numbered pages).

I called Canon again today who took no responsibility (Please someone listen - do not buy Canon Photocopiers with network printing enabled) - Canon say its MACs fault. "The printer works" they said, "its the OS that doesn't work".

What is MAC doing to resolve what seems to be a pretty widespread printing issue with OS 10.6, and what are they doing to work with partners such as Canon to ensure updates are provided quickly. By the time this is resolved both the OS and the photocopier will be old news.
    :confused:

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't see the Canon ir2022i listed as one of the printers that 10.6 supports "out of the box":
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#canon

Going to Canon's website, it does look like they have some sort of 10.6 drivers that can be manually downloaded and installed:
    http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010476.asp
    [option 204. Canon UFR II Printer Driver v2.06 for Macintosh (v2.06)]

Wasn't sure if you had manually tried installing that, then changing your printer to use that driver.

I work in an enterprise office environment. Our 40 or so Mac's haven't had any problems printing to network printers with 10.6, although we don't have any Canons. Mostly Xerox, HP, and Kyocera. But the Xeroxs are fairly obscure -- we had to go manually install the drivers.

3. Lolaflump thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much Aristobrat. We already had the Canon ir2022i installed at our premises for a while, and as I have never had problems before when upgrading an OSX I thought nothing of it.

I have downloaded the software before, but as you say, it is not one of the listed machines covered.

I have seen on other threads that the ir machines have created problems for other users too.

It is really very odd.

Thank you though!

:)