Snowflake Alert! University students are terrified after 'Trump 2016' graffiti appears on sidewalk!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 23, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

Please just let natural selection take these students out of circulation in order that a better world evolves.

3. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

What was Emory's position on the matter besides voicing the concern and pain of these students?

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, this is kinda ridiculous. Either write something snarky underneath it, or erase the damn thing. There's no reason to get so worked up over it.

But it's also much ado over nothing, 50 far too sensitive students out of a population 15,000 isn't too terribly concerning to me.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Downplayer! It's a collegiate epidemic. A generation needs to be put out if it's misery. Now I can start seeing the appeal of Jihad. :)

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    ...meh. Talk to me again in 4 years. If these kids haven't grown out of this by the time they hit the real world, then I'll start worrying.

7. Populism Suspended

Populism

Everyone gets a trophy.

Everyone gets an A.

Everyone gets a diploma.

Everyone gets an honor.

Everyone gets a safe zone.

Everyone gets everything.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

this is one reason we are over populated, the weak are coddled too much, we can start trimming the stupid by removing all warning labels :p
    --- Post Merged, Mar 23, 2016 ---
    UNIVERSITY students, if they don't understand by NOW I am not sure they can get it at all.

9. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Wait until they see my Trump 2016 t-shirt!

I would put a Trump 2016 sticker on my luxury SUV, but I don't want it vandalized.

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I thought you would not the value to drop to 1.00

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

People get needlessly freaked out over all sort of silly things.

Just look at the American imbeciles wrapping themselves into paroxysms of fear and rage over something that happened in Brussels. A city that I bet 80% of them couldn't find on a map. That 99.9% of them will never visit. Jacques Brel might be alive and well, but I'll bet pomme frites to brussels sprouts most of the yahoos pontificating here and on Fox News couldn't tell you the first thing about Belgium, other than the fact that President Obama should have flown home because something bad happened there.

People actually should get freaked out by Trump graffiti.

Because its come as a sad wake-up call to me at how utterly fxxxxin' stupid so many people in this country have to be.

Whenever I read about people expressing their enthusiasm for Donald Trump, I have to confess a wicked thrill of avarice. I really, really, wish I could find a way to harness the blithering gullibility, bad judgement, and overall idiocy of the sort of person who would think Donald Trump would be a good President. If Donald Trump can sell these people on the idea of, well, Donald Trump as President - then I'm quite convinced I could sell these chumps some weight loss pills; a time share apartment; or limited-liability oil and gas partnership.

Alas, however, I'm cursed with a conscience. A sense of what is right. A troubling tendency to stick with the truth.

I'll never be as rich as Donald Trump claims to be. On the other hand, Donald Trump will never get to be President. I'll take that as a win for me. For common sense. And the common good of the people of the United States and humanity in general.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Brussels sprouts? They're now Miniature Freedom Cabbages.

13. cfedu, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

14. Robisan macrumors 6502

And another: Jade Helm

That had an elected delicate flower governor bunching his tighty-whiteys in piddling fear.

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Which is why 1 out of 5 university students in the US is clinically depressed, because the previous generation has done such a wonderful job of managing things so that they have a bright future (paying for our pensions).

The one thing that I hope university students would learn is to avoid overgeneralising from a single instance of an over-reaction to graffiti to condemning an entire group of young people and the educational system.

16. kapolani macrumors 6502

That's the spirit! Blame everyone else so that you don't have to put in the hard work to promote change.

It's not a single instance. Kid's now-a-days believe they need safe places because the world isn't fair. They need to have their hands held every step of the way.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

Condemnation is not the one instance, but the latest being a reminder of all prior instances. Coddled youth and helicopter parenting and avoidance of having to make any decision or to contemplate any disappointment. Emotional retards is what is in today's institutions of higher Liberal learning.

19. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Furthermore it's my understanding that the students fear was further escalated by the _specific color_ of the chalk. :eek:

20. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

"Natural selection" is a misnomer, since what's best isn't always the case... just what's most popular. Whatever is most marketed and what propaganda people buy into.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

No!!! Chalk color is something to be offended by and outraged over! ;)

22. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Or maybe they saw how much more college costs compared to 1978, and how much wages have remained stagnant.

There's more going on than one tiny myopic viewpoint. Especially as it's obvious you have no clue what their grades are, how hard they worked, if the colleges are diluting grades... how much more needs to be spelled out, not that I suspect people would want me to go to that level...

Life is what society makes of it. Mother Nature is the only one allowed to be unpredictable. Now if you want freedom and unfair, go to Somalia. But you'll want to have your hand held again shortly after arriving...

23. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's part humor, and lost on the over-analyzing Left searching for a rejoinder.

24. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I'd look up current population statistics, if I were you. The US and Europe have absurdly low populations, and recently being propped up quite a bit by immigration along with or not as much as people copulating -- compared to other countries.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Kids nowadays volunteer more than the baby boomers. And are more worldly.