Snowflake Alert: Yale Prof Makes Midterms Optional for Sensitive Students Upset By Trump Victory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 9, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Safe space stat! I guess no free stuff for them. Time to take off the pampers and get real jobs, snowflakes.

Suck it up, buttercup. Trump will whip your sorry asses into shape.

The entire nauseating story here.

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

add to them the pansies trying to protest in the streets everywhere. bunch of millenial babies who can't organize very well and are doing nothing but carrying signs with curse words and jumping in front of the TV Cameras and swearing. It's amazing to see these 20 somethings acting like 9yr olds on crack.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Snowflakes, spark up a blunt and take Bob Marley's advice.

[​IMG]

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Fearing for their families? Are the midterms after Jan. 20th, 2017? No, then suck it up ... my goodness. A midterm this month (probably tomorrow or sometime this week) is made optional because Trump is going to become president in 2 and quarter months.

I swear ... the more you read about some of these Hillary supporters on the internet, the more sadder it gets.

Well ... might as well join them right?

Dear MacRumors PRSI mods, my feelings have been hurt with Hillary's loss. I am truly in a state of panic and dismay. I am not sure how I will be able to live now. Could you please unban jkcerda, it will make me feel better. Please ... I can't ... just can't see the point of living anymore. Trump scares me very badly. jkcerda will make me feel better. Please ....-----

5. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Unfortunately all these everyone-gets-a-trophy pansies are a growing group.

6. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

What is their major malfunction. did mommy not show them enough love when they were little.

7. frankgrimes macrumors 6502a

frankgrimes

Boo hooo. Scary to think that some of these pansies might be running for a higher job, or even president one day.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

The situation on college campuses is a real problem.

These people are corrupting and indoctrinating the youth.

I wonder if there is anything the Trump administration can do.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yale students are paying taxes for your services. Just saying.

10. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Man, we have a lot of people that care so much about what a Yale professor does. Doubt most of them could get into Yale, though, so they won't have to deal with it...

11. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I think if there was a wall around Yale and we didn't let people or ideas out then people would care less about it.

12. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Whether or not they do midterms will not affect life outside college. Stop pretending this is anything other than the normal BS that ends with how horrible millennials or SJW or whatever people you've chosen to be against today. Be honest.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Um, guys, I don''t think you 'get' it.

Strange to say - and it is very strange for me to see - your man won.

What about the old, let us be magnanimous in victory and all that.....?

Yes, he did not win the popular vote - Secretary Clinton did.

And I am uncharitable enough to idly wonder what form protests, or (possibly excessively emotional) responses might have taken had matters been resolved the other way around, namely that Secretary Clinton had won the Electoral College and Mr Trump the popular vote?

This is because, while it must indeed remain in the realm of speculation, there is no doubt that there would have been a loud, and vocal response from Mr Trumps's supporters had that happened, and accusations of election rigging, and how the numbers of 'real' people whose voices would not now be heard, would echo loudly across airwaves, and online and elsewhere.

So: You treasure your amendments: These famous ones, we read about them ceaselessly on these threads, (some more than others, granted) Number One, Number Two and so on.

You will defend them to the death: Thus, what is wrong with allowing those whose political views differ from yours to express their frustration and disappointment?

Or is the right to free speech - and the respect they should be accorded to say what they say even if you think it perfectly idiotic - just to be confined to those with whom you find yourselves in complete agreement?

14. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Of course we don't 'get' it. But you and a couple special ones are so enlightened. :rolleyes:

As for popular v electorial vote...it's happened twice in our lifetime, O Enlightened One, so it's not news to us. It's a non-starter.

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Would this guy be as emotional had Trump won the popular vote and Clinton the Electoral?

What a child.

16. Strider64, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

Clinton won by 230,053 votes of millions of votes casted - I don't call that really much of a statement...just saying....:rolleyes:

My opinion I like the electoral college if the presidency was decided on the popular vote the large states like California, Texas, Florida and New York would always be deciding who becomes president. Smaller states the voters would probably get disenfranchised and stop voting in Presidential elections for they would go why bother voting? It also forces candidates to campaign in States that they probably would not if the election was decided by popular vote.

The only way I could see the election being decided by popular vote is if the votes coming in weren't link to a particular state so the candidates wouldn't know where the votes were coming from. An we know that won't happen. An Smaller States don't want to give up their electoral votes to begin with.

17. Scepticalscribe, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Indeed. But firstly, she did garner more votes than Mr Trump did - and, small enough though that margin have been, the fact of it is not in dispute - and secondly, my idle inquiry did not concern the numbers: Rather, it concerns the actual - or potential - reaction: How would the supporters of Mr Trump have reacted if matters had been the other way around? I suspect - going by their conduct at previous gatherings - that it would have been rather vocal.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    No, what I don't get is the lack of magnanimity in the tone some of you are taking.

I feel a bit surprised that I have to point out to you that you won.

You won. Get over it. Be nice about it.

Re the popular vote, I merely point it out because I suspect that this very fact - victory in the popular vote - would have been used as a rallying point for an outpouring of wildly excessive emotional venting had matters been the other way around.

As for 'enlightened': Well, everything Mr Trump stands tis is antithetical to the values of the Enlightenment.

18. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Real simple. End student loan and grant programs. Maybe they can pick produce for a living.

19. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

As you should feel odd. Apparently you're new to elections (not limited to the US) and how some people react on both sides. Particularly on a forum where members have posting history. You have viewing alternatives now that you've shared your enlightenment.

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Nothing. These young people are gonna rise up pissed off in 2020 and vote Trump to the curb.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

21. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Huh? Like if they have a job you mean?

Because if they are just taking classes or whatever they aren't paying taxes.

22. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Yeah, this nonsense about her the popular vote mattering is rather humorous. That's roughly her margin of victory in D.C. Does anyone in their right mind think the course do the nation should be decided by the idiots in D.C.?

If they want to change to an apportionment method, that's fine. One electoral vote for each congressional district that said candidate wins. If the candidate gets 50% + 1 of the popular vote within a State, then that candidate gets both senator electors. If neither gets 50%, then the two senatorial electors are split between the top two. That should make things interesting enough.

23. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Whether they do midterms doesn't impact outside of college. The delicate fragile minds ideology they push that this is inspired by does.

24. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Firstly, the popular vote doesn't matter. Second, the tactic you describe in a post election outcome environment has only occurred on the left, so the notion that people on the right would suddenly snap and go into full on snowflake meltdown mode like the left is doing right now is a highly unlikely prospect. It's simply not the M.O. of the right in this country.

25. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

The left wing meltdown continues...... and I LOVE it. I dont even like Trump that much but this hissy-fit by the whackos is soooooooo worth it.

Trump WON! Get over it.