Snowflake Trump wants to cancel UK visit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by reefoid, Jun 12, 2017.

1. reefoid macrumors regular

2. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

All this pre k, name calling in this forum...

Anyway, sometimes the SS will advize against going.

Regardless, with all of the left list idiots getting violent and vandalizing crap these days, I'm not surprised it would be cancelled. When the far left learns to act their age, speakers and guests can finally have an open dialogue.

3. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

I laugh when I read threads like these. Especially when they have juvenile headings in order to grab your attention. The Hypocrisy and Irony is lost on these types of people and the OP. I like how the left can't come up with any original insults that they steal the right's insults. I'm referring to "Snowflake". I could careless if Trump cancels or not and besides didn't the Left wished that he wouldn't visit? Well they got their wish. ;)

4. reefoid, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

reefoid thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, didn't realise "snowflake" had been trademarked by the right. I'm not even sure there are any original insults left to describe Trump, I'm pretty sure they've all been used.

I'd also point out I'm not a leftist, I just think Trump is a disaster. Anti-Trump != Leftist.

5. daflake macrumors 6502a

I remember a lot of Obummer comments a while back. I think both parties are filled with children. :rolleyes:

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Sorry but those same aspects can be found to have happened with those on the Right as well. Only the ignorant would think their side is magically immune from what you're pointing out in the above.

As for protests, they happen it's a part of the political landscap, Trump better get used to the idea of them happening when he goes places. Other wise he'll never leave the safety net of the WH.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 12, 2017 ---
    Don't forget the Hitlery ones too.

7. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Yea, I don't mean play on names. I mean crap like "snowflake" and whatever the newest trendy name calling is. I like **** talk, I think it's fun and funny sometimes, but the dumb little pre school names are getting old.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaa good try but I'm not among the far right either. Both sides can be ridiculous. I'm sure there are aspects to be found on the far right, but that wasn't the matter at hand. The matter was why Trump would cancel and presently, the far left are being aggressive and physically violent. I can't recall any time when even the far right has done what the far left is doing today, as far as "protests".

Protests are fine, but nobody should be getting used to morons burning, breaking, and tearing things down. I HAAAAATED when the far right was out saying "God hates fags" and crap like that, but at LEAST they weren't destroying property that they didn't work hard to obtain, themselves.

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I hope Trump doesn't come to the UK. It would only serve to damage US/UK relations more. What most people in the US do not understand is that, in addition to being undiplomatic as a President, Trump has a history here in the UK related to his businesses. He is not well liked here for actions he has taken in the UK. As for lefties being violent, there are extremists in all parties, and the continual rhetoric of disrespect, over-generalisation, and hatred needs to stop among people who are not extremists.

9. BoneDaddy, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The UK has bigger things to worry about like making sure their Islamic population doesn't decide on a fourth terror attack in 9 weeks

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Completely missing the point...
    The majority of the Islamic population have condemned past attacks and eschew violence. The issue isn't Islam - it's extremism, and everything connecting religion to the extremism is just a rationalisation on the part of the violent extremists. The UK needs to worry about extremists of all kinds, including white nationalists.

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I never claimed you were the far right, I simply made the point that what you pointed out can happen on the other side as well.

First off, most protests are peaceful and when something does erupt it's more often then not the results of a handful of idiots, not the majority. So blaming the whole over the acts of a minority is ignorant. Add the fact that it's practically impossible to know who is to blame for the outbursts. People do stupid things to draw attention and to disrupt by throwing blame on to others. Remember the girl who carved a B in her face and blamed it on Obama supporters? Or the women who voted twice to prove people were voting more then once to prove Trump right. What about the Trump supporters who got violent at Trump rallies against protesters? It didn't help that Trump encouraged it. Examples of violence can be found on both sides so don't pretend one side is more susceptible than the other.

Most protests are peaceful but you don't hear about that much because it's not news worthy. The idea that anti Trump protest in England will be violent so therefore Trump should be worried is nonsense. That's cowardice and no different then saying don't go out because something bad might happen to you.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, Trump loves adulation, and to the U.K. this decision is a real crowd pleaser.

14. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

"Only the ignorant would think their side is magically immune"
    I guess I assumed...

There you go with more "ignorant" tossing out, because YOU say so. NO, the far left IN GENERAL, because the actions call out the affiliation, as we would not know the affiliation, otherwise. Any left person who is acting in an extreme way, is an extremist.

It's NOT just a handful of idiots. It is a wide spread and multi demographic issue. You pretend as if the far left's violence is a rare occurrence, or minor. I can be like you and declare that that is ignorant, but I think you know better...

It is what it is. There is no justification and it sure as hell in NOT a minimal problem.

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I don't know what political side you're on. Not that it really matters, anyone on any side to think that would be ignorant of the world they live in.

I don't pretend anything. If event A with group M happens and group X comes along and starts a ruckus, unless you can pinpoint who group X is, then no one can't say with certainty who started the ruckus and why. Maybe group X is a branch off of M looking to cause trouble or maybe group X is looking to cause trouble for group M. Again you mainly hear about the protests that have outbursts and even then that in no way represents the whole of the protesters.

You're the one generalizing. Let's get real here, this issue is about Trump going on a state visit not him attending one of his rallies. He would be so far removed from any actual protests, it's disturbing that it would even be an issue to begin with. It shows a weakness in character. Maybe he got to comfy with his Saudi visit where one of the Trump team member said how pleased that there wasn't a protester in sight. Either being an idiot or ignorant to the fact that protests are illegal there.

16. sim667 macrumors 65816

I'm not sure the UK would have enough eggs to cover the amount people will want to throw at him.

Egging...... a very british tradition.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The issue is Islam, that's where nearly all of the terrorist attacks are originating from. Bury your head in the sand if you want though, I'm sure they'll be sorry next time an Islamic follower blows up a crowd of children.

Also http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01...ddle-east/pg-2014-07-01-islamic-extremism-10/

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

19. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I'd bet good money on it that this "state visit" will never take place.

A state visit usually has the visiting head of state share a carriage ride down the Mall… That would mean exposing the monarch to protests and violence. People here really do detest Trump that much. HM's government can not risk ER II or CR III getting an egg or molotov cocktail in the face.

WTF was Theresa Dismay thinking? Was it a brain fart… an in the moment thing? Felt so good fondling those little Trump digits that she went all weak kneed and gooey?

PS. This is what Donald Trump wants. Nothing less will do… so…
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/16/donal...ession-for-uk-state-visit-in-october-6577689/

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

But isn't Snowflake an apt description? Trump likes his safe place at home where the big bad protesters won't annoy him.

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

This guy... il ne pas voit plus loin que le bout de son nez... It’s all about Trump, and not about the Queen who welcomes him, eh? Of course there would be protests, of course it would be unsafe for them to travel in a gold carriage instead of an armored limo. Thanks for that link, I had no idea he meant to have a gold plated welcome.

Why would the British wish to spend a couple million pounds extra for this to go down the way The Don wants it.

Anyway with his desire for actual gold carriage welcome instead of limo ride: Did no one ever show Trump a picture book where we shipped George III's lot back home and did not crown a new monarch? He may think the latter an oversight? He figures he's King Donald visiting a queen? #FailAmHist101

When will the Republican leadership understand exactly what we have in the Oval Office, and their responsibility to halt the transformation of a presidency into a strong-arm dictatorship? They stand around watching all these symbolic and not so symbolic signals from Trump as to what he's about and they shrug and try to pass a tax cut bill.

Do they think to hold the Congress forever?

Do they wish personally to live under the reign of a monarch? This king in particular? Would they be so meek under the reign of a monarch from the other party, a Queen Kamala Harris or Queen Dianne Feinstein? I don't think so, and I don't mean to cast aspersions on the Senators from California, nor imply they have autocratic aspirations. But I do wonder at the GOP leadership letting all this stuff just pass them by while they focus on making the rich richer.

22. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I think she believed that brexit was a overwhelming victory. Oops miscalculated.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Like somebody kicking a pregnant woman so that she losses her twins? The day before the Manchester bombing a white racist was sentenced to 4 years in prison for doing that to a pregnant Muslim woman (see link). That doesn't excuse the bombing, but it does show that acts of violence committed by white racists are sometimes not called terrorism when they should. Thus, it is hard to tell exactly how many attacks are carried out by idiot Muslim extremists versus idiot white racists (and other idiot extremists).

The problem is blind, violent extremism of all sorts, not Islam nor the overwhelming majority of Muslims. Prejudging Muslims is part of the problem, not its solution.

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

He is what is known as a "yellow snowflake".
    Racists enjoy being racist is all. It's a sorry state of affairs really.

Saw a wonderful video today "girl there are 2billion Muslims on earth if it really was a religion of terrorism you wouldn't stand a chance". Personally I'm more scared of the Irish now, considering what our government are doing right now. The Irish have a terribly violent past in England after all. We should stop immigration from Irish countries.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh, one of these days we'll have border checks wherever red and blue states adjoin, at the rate politics on this side of the pond is going.

The issue of a hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland as "the EU" is potentially pretty knotty though, isn't it... It would seem there's going to have to be some sort of accommodation of requirement for "border" customs checks, but it sounds like there will be efforts to have it managed at point of shipment or something so the border itself does not become an issue. No one wants to revive actual border area troubles.

Good point about that video... it's so absurd and so tragic that Trump's trying to make "Muslim" synonymous with "terrorist".

We brush that off in the States, perhaps, if we are not Muslims, but what if in the USA someone said well okay as of today if you're not Southern Baptist then you are an infidel and so you are a terrorist. What about all those shocked Methodists and Presybyterians? The freewheeling evangelicals? Huh? Infidels?

But in the US so far we don't all seem to comprehend what we're doing by allowing this labeling to go on under Trump's brand of politicking.