So… who hasn't upgraded to the 6/6+?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Retired Cat, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'm still using my iPhone 5. The battery life was getting really poor, but iOS 8 seems to have revived the battery!

I want to run my iPhone 5 into the ground just to see how long it will last, although the screens on the new phones are really tempting.

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

I had my OOW 5 replaced under safety issue with bulging battery this past May. So in great condition now. And since here in Canada, still on a 3 year contract. But seeing how all current plans are a ripoff, I'll most likely buy next iPhone full price and go prepaid. And only held the 6 and 6+ at the Apple Store. So not sure if I really want the larger phone yet. Hoping for refresh 4' model next year.

3. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Don't see that happening. They moved on from the iPhone 4 and will most likely do the same with the iPhone 5.

But if you love the iPhone 5 you could just get a iPhone 5s when contract is up and buy outright at a much cheaper price.

4. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

Me. It's just too big. I'll be sticking with 4" screens for as long as they keep making them.

5. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

You are one of few people I've seen that has said iOS8 has helped improve their experience on older phones. Now I probably won't feel so bad when iOS X comes out.

6. jdamiano macrumors member

I'm using my 5s untill the 6s comes out. I skip the non s generation everytime but only due to my contract. I would love to have a new 6 or 6 plus.

7. Charadis macrumors 6502a

On my 2+ years old iPhone 5. Battery life still great, never replaced or repaired. I gotta have my jailbreak, and it is working perfectly still; I just can't justify getting the new 6/plus, yet. Sent from my iPad.

8. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Just waiting for local stock so I can trade in my phone and utilize the upgrade at the same time.

9. Djay1 macrumors member

I've got a 6 due for delivery tomorrow but I'm having second thoughts due to potential issues (wifi drop outs, blue tooth non-linkage, yellow screen etc.)

I've been told I can move my 5 SIM into the 6 and can run it through its paces for a while to check these possible issues out. If any "wrinkles" pop up I will simply put the SIM back into the 5 and keep it until the 6S arrival.

BlueTooth linkage is critical since it must pair with my hearing aid.

We'll see. The extra screen real estate of the 6 would be nice. :)

10. Retired Cat thread starter macrumors 65816

I was actually surprised at how well iOS 8 works on my 5. The UI feels more responsive than 7.1.2 in many cases (Spotlight Search is one example), the keyboard works reasonably well, and it didn't break any of my apps from iOS 7.

11. vitacura macrumors regular

I am still rocking a 5. Happy with it for now.

12. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Still have my 5. Verizon contract until January. Battery life still goes all day, and after a day or two of stuttering it's back to smooth. The only annoyance I have is the occasional app crashes from Facebook and SportsCenter. I don't want the larger screen, so I'll keep it as long as it works. I'd rather put the money toward the iPad mini 3 ;)

13. Wolverine311 macrumors newbie

My 5s works just fine. hoping to keep it until a future iphone offers sapphire screens and/or wireless charging.

14. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

[​IMG]

My 5s will probably be with me for the next 4 - 5 years until it no longer works. I'll just pay Apple to get a battery replacement when needed and keep my phone on iOS 7 since I don't need any new features beyond what iOS 7 provides and updating your devices OS every year is almost guaranteed to turn it into a laggy mess.