So “gender creative” is a thing now...

jeyf

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2009
transgender or what ever keep in mind we are talking about the 1% of the 1%. Not too late to be the expert so go ahead anyways.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Good lord, how does this bother you guys?

Who gives a damn how another person identifies? How does this effect you in any way?

I’m sorry the world is changing around you, but god it’s like you guys spend your days just looking to upset yourselves.

sunapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Nine-year-old helps teach educators about queer youth

Not one critical perspective offered in this piece. Reuters has an agenda and wants to shove it down our throats. By the way these parents allowing their young children to be “drag queens” are committing child abuse plain and simple.
If you'd rather not hear about the world around you, stop reading the news. Also, not allowing children to be who they are is child abuse, plain and simple.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Not one critical perspective offered in this piece. Reuters has an agenda and wants to shove it down our throats. By the way these parents allowing their young children to be “drag queens” are committing child abuse plain and simple.
Child abuse? Preposterous. I don’t see an issue with this article at all. It is reporting on what I would describe as a social reality, and especially disagree with the characterization that Reuters is trying to force anything down your throat. If you would prefer to be oblivious to what is going on around you, then that is your choice.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009

Dude, you have Prince as your avatar... the dude with the Love Symbol (male/female mixed symbol) who wore hoop earrings and panties on stage. I mean, I get he was grown then and I'm as big a Prince fan as anyone... but just saying....

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
By lecture do you mean forced liberal logic? PASS!

But I do agree that it would not be a productive use of time and effort....
No, not what I mean. However this seems like a good opportunity... :D
If we are going to describe the liberal and conservative agendas (gotta be fair, right?) as shoving ideas down our throats, for @Rogifan and you, I’d argue that the Left pushes tolerance, fairness, level playing fields, freedom from typical conservative regulations concerning race and sexuality, and urges us to see the reality, even if you would describe it as a liberal reality. Things like not accepting that LGBT is not a choice or a learned behavior that can be unlearned. In a nutshell WE>ME.

The Right, conservatism by definition, pushes status quo when it is perceived to maintain a perceived status quo and give me an advantage at your expense, and to keep their straight jackets on society regarding a wide spectrum of social issues, religion, sex, gender identity, etc. ME>WE.

I welcome your views from a conservative perspective. :)

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
No, not what I mean. However this seems like a good opportunity... :D
If we are going to describe the liberal and conservative agendas (gotta be fair, right?) as shoving ideas down our throats, for @Rogifan and you, I’d argue that the Left pushes tolerance, fairness, level playing fields, freedom from typical conservative regulations concerning race and sexuality, and urges us to see the reality, even if you would describe it as a liberal reality. Things like not accepting that LGBT is not a choice or a learned behavior that can be unlearned. In a nutshell WE>ME.

The Right, conservatism by definition, pushes status quo when it is perceived to maintain a perceived status quo and give me an advantage at your expense, and to keep their straight jackets on society regarding a wide spectrum of social issues, religion, sex, gender identity, etc. ME>WE.

I welcome your views from a conservative perspective. :)
Sorry you wasted the keystrokes. Was I not clear enough when I said this?

By lecture do you mean forced liberal logic? PASS.
I'll try different wording:

Not interested

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
Liberal Logic:

Everyone should be treated well and equally under the law regardless of sexuality, gender, race, nationality or creed

Republican Logic: EVIL LIBERALS! I SHOULD BE FREE TO BE AS PREJUDICES AND HATEFUL AS I WANT! SO I'M GOING OT MAKE LAWS THAT PERSECUTE PEOPLE I DON'T LIKE.

yet, we're not allowed calling this behaviour out for what it is cause its against the rules.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Well people here have tried to explain this many times, but gender conformity isn't for all. In case you need a chart I've found one:

It's a good way to see the many differences a person can experience just one aspect of their identity.
The conservative mindset regarding sexuality is clearly binary. This ignores the reality that some babies are born without clear physical sexual identities, and well meaning doctors have made a choice for them as a means of resolving the issue. It’s been evident that those choices are not always right and that gender identity is not binary by any means.

Now I have to ask why do such ideas resonate with me and those on the Left, yet can be rejected by other citizens, those on the Right. Is it open mindedness, while those on the Right would describe it as gullibility or foolishness? What is the root cause that results in this divergence of views?

Reactions: LordVic

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
The conservative mindset regarding sexuality is clearly binary. This ignores the reality that some babies are born without clear physical sexual identities, and well meaning doctors have made a choice for them as a means of resolving the issue. It’s been evident that those choices are not always right and that gender identity is not binary by any means.

Now I have to ask why do such ideas resonate with me and those on the Left, yet can be rejected by other citizens, those on the Right. Is it open mindedness, while those on the Right would describe it as gullibility or foolishness? What is the root cause that results in this divergence of views?
Indoctrination.

I think you'll find a common thread amongst most who hate on LGBTQS2 people. Religious LIKE indoctrination. "its bad because we tell you it's bad"

The thing is. They never learn "WHY" behind that opinion other than some sort of appeal to authority. it's bad cause someone in authority always told them it is. And because of that appeal to authoritarianism, they're willing to just believe it.

YET, We also know that someone being LGBTQS2 doesn't actually impact those people in any way shape or form. they just like sticking their noses in other peoples business because they were brought up to believe it's their duty/right to act authoritarian to others.

It's why I laugh heartedly everytime I see Republican's who clamour aobut "Small government" and "reasonable laws" who then turn around and try to legislate reproductive matters and what people do to their bodies. It's 100% hyprocritical nonsense based on bigotry without an iota of science or even consultation with the population on whole.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Indoctrination.

I think you'll find a common thread amongst most who hate on LGBTQS2 people. Religious LIKE indoctrination. "its bad because we tell you it's bad"

The thing is. They never learn "WHY" behind that opinion other than some sort of appeal to authority. it's bad cause someone in authority always told them it is. And because of that appeal to authoritarianism, they're willing to just believe it.

YET, We also know that someone being LGBTQS2 doesn't actually impact those people in any way shape or form. they just like sticking their noses in other peoples business because they were brought up to believe it's their duty/right to act authoritarian to others.

It's why I laugh heartedly everytime I see Republican's who clamour aobut "Small government" and "reasonable laws" who then turn around and try to legislate reproductive matters and what people do to their bodies. It's 100% hyprocritical nonsense based on bigotry without an iota of science or even consultation with the population on whole.
it's lazy and easy to simply say religious indoctrination, plenty of these kids appear to be very young to "know" what they are or want to be and when you add hormones to the mix it does look like child abuse to many, kid in question here was 8 at the time he mentioned wanting to be a drag queen, how many kids spend time with drag queens to know that is what they want? see where questions start to arise from? what are they experiencing at home that gives them the belief that that is what they want to be when they grow up? I myself did not know much about sex till I went to the sheep farm...............

anyways, what these kids and their parents do is up to them, there is still a long road ahead to acceptance and I hope this does keep them from becoming another suicide statistic . if it floats their goat have at it, more sheep for me.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
How much of this 'gender creative' stuff originates from the kids and how much was influenced by the parents? If they're teenagers in the articles, then I can easily believe it's the kids. A nine year old wanting to be a drag queen? I'm think daddy got issues.o_O
As a dad, I know my action has a tremendous influence on my kids. I'm an anime fanatic. I never forced my kids to watch anime. Hail, I try to keep my Otaku nature to myself, since most kids would be embarrassed at having such an immature Dad.:p But my daughter is now an anime fan as well; has been for several years now. I know I was a big reason why.:oops:

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto

Normally I wouldn't go far into what another thinks or feels; it's been my experience (here especially) that it is often incorrect, incomplete, or absurdly extreme.

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
it's lazy and easy to simply say religious indoctrination, plenty of these kids appear to be very young to "know" what they are or want to be and when you add hormones to the mix it does look like child abuse to many, kid in question here was 8 at the time he mentioned wanting to be a drag queen, how many kids spend time with drag queens to know that is what they want? see where questions start to arise from? what are they experiencing at home that gives them the belief that that is what they want to be when they grow up? I myself did not know much about sex till I went to the sheep farm...............

anyways, what these kids and their parents do is up to them, there is still a long road ahead to acceptance and I hope this does keep them from becoming another suicide statistic . if it floats their goat have at it, more sheep for me.
This is the mindset that I'm not talking about though. this is good mindset.

I'm of the opinion that you don't have to LIKE it. But it's not your family or concern. (nor mine, including me in it) so it's not OUR place to set forth laws that affect others negatively, when those people are not causing harm to society or ourselves.

Also, I was trying not to say it's religion itself. But religious like indoctrination. Bigotry exists outside of religions as well. And it's also not owned by any one religion.

I think the term I should have used was more Dogmatic. the hate for LGBT is Dogmatic in nature.

Reactions: Raid