So, anyone still have a yellow tinted screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimrod, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Jimrod macrumors 65816

(on their iPhone 5) ...and by now over the whole "glue drying" excuse? Has anyone returned their iPhone 5 or exchanged for a better one? Are there indeed better ones or are they all like this?

Many people will say theirs are fine but do they just not care/notice a yellow tint? It's a problem for me as many photo's of people display a sickly skin tone and indeed whites look pissy yellow. Technically my screen is RGB 81%/106%/92% with a lightmeter so is definitely off and it's not my just my eyes adjusting from an older screen and it's not a "more natural" colour temp.

I'm just wondering if it's worth trying to get a replacement (I bought from carrier, not direct), it's not the end of the world but as I'm stuck with it for 2 years it's going to bug me and it isn't a cheap phone...

2. Merkie macrumors 68020

Glue has never ever caused yellow screens. Only small yellow spots.

This is caused by glue not having been fully dried:
    [​IMG]

This isn't:
    [​IMG]

Yellow screens will never change color. Law of nature.

3. Jimrod thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Jimrod thread starter macrumors 65816

Well no luck from O2 (UK), say I have to go into a Carphone Warehouse shop and get them to look, can't imagine the 12 year old sales monkey will say anything is acceptably wrong, will be too busy slicking his hair and surfing the web for more gold jewelery... :D