So anyone waiting for white iphone 4 to pop up on the online apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zerox17virus, Apr 26, 2011.

1. zerox17virus macrumors member

Question same as thread.
    For some reason I doubt its coming today.
    In UK Its 12:39 am and the apple store haven't changed.

2. sat165 macrumors regular

yep im in the uk waiting, it seems so weird that its so secret and nothing has been mentioned, wonder whether its worth wasting a trip to town tomorrow to pick up the white iphone

3. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Just because its not up after midnight there means nothing. It is still 4:40pm April 26. In california. It would be after midnight in Cali before they put it up.

Even then, it might not go until later in the day

4. zerox17virus, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

zerox17virus thread starter macrumors member

Well for the ipad 2 it came out on a midnight when california was still March 24 4:40pm.
    But then again Apple didn't really confirm the white iphone was coming today.
    Its just other places other than apple selling it

5. sordan macrumors member

I'm hoping to pick one up tomorrow here in the US. All the AT&T stores I called had absolutely no idea about the release, said they had nothing in stock and no expected shipments coming in. And my local Apple store genius said something to the effect of "if it's not on the Apple website I don't know anything about it"

The product is selling in international markets, you'd think Apple would make an official announcement by now.

6. zerox17virus thread starter macrumors member

Just refreshing the apple store right now going to give up in about 20 minutes.

7. elray macrumors member

I'm wondering when/where we'll be able to buy it too. I thought Apple would have made some sort of announcement by now, especially since they are selling in several countries.

Weren't the screenshots from Best Buy showing an availability of the 27th? I'm debating heading over there when they open tomorrow since there's one right by my office. And of course I will be checking in with the online Apple store periodically tonight.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm hesitant to sell my iphone on craiglist tonight just because I have no idea if the white one will show up tomorrow. I'm constantly checking online too.

9. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

It's all about the time in CA.... who knows. All I know is that it looks beautiful!

10. Webecinya macrumors newbie

Apple seems to love jerking people around, and they are likely laughing at all the rumors that have been going around lately about this white phone. I mean we should be laughing at them for being late. What's really strange is the fact that there has been no word from Apple to a date on this launch in the past few days. I assume they will just add the color online for purchase, or for purchase in the retail chains and it will just be another day...when that day comes.

11. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Fixed that for ya.

12. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Fixed that for ya.

13. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

That's right. Because iAmYou afterall. ;)

14. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They might not even put it up until 7 ... or maybe 10 AM Pacific. I would go to sleep if I were you guys :eek:

16. DeChrii macrumors member

still kinda fishy that apple still didn't announce the white iphone 4 when people are already receiving it in other countries...Maybe apples embarrassed that its 9 months late :p

17. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

10 months. its a myth :D

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

They should put it up online as soon as retail stores open though.

19. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

20. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

midnight. no white on Apple. Goodnight MacRumors fam.

21. zerox17virus thread starter macrumors member

ok this was a lie. Still not up in Apple Online Store, Vodafone UK said they do not have it and its April 27th right now.

Has anyone actually found it selling anywhere today or even bought one?

22. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

It's just so weird seeing Apple reeasing a product so quite and without mentionitng it in any news/press conferences or keynote.

Also, Apple has almost everytime gone with the idea of relesing a product in the states first before revealing it in Europe, just like the iPad 2. How it will be out in the UK first is truly a first!

23. Raska macrumors 6502

Have you called any Apple Stores over there about it?

24. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm gonna call apple stores around 9am since they open at 10am to see if they have any in stock.

25. mattlol macrumors member

imo it will just quietly appear on the apple store without warning. no updated home pages/giant splash screens... maybe a few graphics on the iphone page at best.