So Apple gave me a replacement...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 24, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Turns out my phone was buggy but the battery status was okay. It just crashed a lot, specifically springboard, Genius said that it was because I only had 1.4gb of space left (??????). Was just going to restore the phone at first (useless as I had done it 3 times already) then the phone shut off in the middle of it so he decided to save time and just swap it.

He was a great guy, I think he actually wanted to give me a new phone, so glad that he didn't inspect mine lol.

I believe the bending problem came from my phone being in the heating container at the ghost armor a few feet away. knowing how soft the materials are it was kind of a stupid idea but hey it's always nice to have a fresh start!

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    Really? You needed to start three threads in the last couple of days for the exact same thing?

Bravo.

4. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Does it bother you that much that there are 3 parts to the story and that some people don't want to read through 100+ posts?

5. TRMC13 macrumors member

It bothers me. It's confusing.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1473569 - part 1
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1475089 - part 2
    and this is part 3
    rough summary: my phone turns up slightly bent, enough to be slightly noticeable and not sit flat on a flat surface, I call the ac+ rep and she says it is considered user damage and is now out of warranty. I schedule an appointment and knowing they wouldn't replace it due to an obvious manufacturing defect for free I talk about some of its battery issues. They run some tests and find the battery level is normal but it has an abnormal amount of crashing, they restore the phone and it shuts off in the middle of it, he deactivates the phone and comes back out and hands me a replacement then activates that, I get free replacement due to hardware problems. The end.

7. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I find it interesting that your original complaint was the bending issue rather than the crashing issue. You're lucky that it croaked at the store. Kept you from having to make something up like you were talking about in Parts 1 & 2.

8. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    Your summary should mention that you actually had the phone for a while, had no apparent issues, were critical of other posters who had issues with their phones for being whiners, "something" then happened to your phone after which you noticed your phone was bent, then you created a thread asking how you could lie to Apple to make them want to give you a new replacement. It wasn't three separate stories...it was the same damn story. Now I feel better.

9. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I am lucky, I never even noticed it crash tbh, apparently it was running sluggish compared to the average speed. I wasn't really trying to pay $50 for a bend though, I was kinda hoping he wouldn't notice it. the iPhone 5 completely satisfied me then I realized when he told me that, it can actually get better, I was like :O.

----------

a whiner for having a tiny scratch. I have a damn bend in the phone and it wasn't even the only cosmetic defect, I too also had a nice in the back, slightly off colored screen, scratched apple sign, and dirt accumulating in the sides which I beared with because it wasn't worth it. I go to the apple store to get a replacement because apparently phones bend in loose-fitting jeans now and it turns out that there was something actually wrong with my phone so nothing was lost. Feel better

----------

and it was probably caused by it being in a heating container at the ghost armor kiosk... right across from the apple store

10. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

What is a heating container? (Real question, not snark.)

11. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

they spray your phone, put the pieces on, then put it in this container that radiates heat so it can dry quicker. For some reason I think this played a part in my phone being bent near the volume buttons, that's a weak area anyway, or so I've heard.

12. TRMC13 macrumors member

Ohhhh, you're the one with the non-existant "bend" as shown by the posted pics and then lied about issues to get a new phone. I remember you.

13. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Eh it's for reasons like this that sometimes I wish Apple was more a dick company. People F up their phones then they think they deserve to get a new one for free. Apple being the great company it is does it and hence makes it harder for others to return phones for real warranty issues. Oh well such is life. You are very lucky Apple gave you a free replacement when AC+ over the phone had already deemed you didn't deserve one. Here's hoping the same thing happens again after 30 days.

14. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

They spray your phone? :eek: And then they cook it? :eek: And you let them? :eek: And you paid them? :eek:

Mine is in a Barely There case but that's enough for me. :)

15. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Yep I mean they totally didn't expect phones to bend when they used a weaker material, it's totally self-caused from putting it in loose fitting pockets. Now I'm going to need an iPocket to carry my phone in to prevent scuffs, scratches, screen shattering, and other problems. Oh and it loses warranty if you wash it.

16. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This thread needs to be locked. There's nothing being discussed.

17. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The Ghost Armor drying boxes don't radiate heat. Is just forced air using a bunch of high velocity fans.

So no, your phone wasn't cooked and it probably had nothing to do with your iPhone bending.

18. smellysox8 macrumors regular

Can anyone show me a thread that doesn't have at least one hostile reply? :rolleyes:

19. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Bingo.

Since the iPhone 5 Release the forum has been over run with nutters.
    And now the iPad forum is getting it with it. This place is becoming harder and harder to enjoy.