So Apple will never use NFC eh?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EvilQueen, Sep 9, 2014.

1. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

I just had to LOL at all the people that said NFC was stupid, dead, no one uses it, Apple will never use it....now I bet it will be the best thing since uncrustables. And NFC is in the phone AND the watch.

I missed the NFC even though I only had it for a year while I skipped the iP5. I'm happy to get it back.

2. Kurso macrumors 6502

Before the iPhone 5s launch I got into a heated debate here about NFC. I argued that NFC was required because it enables a user experience by disambiguating interaction that Bluetooth LE just cannot provide.

I was flamed hard.

Apple may be late to the NFC game but an elegant user experience will (almost) always win out over technology religion in Apple products.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I'll join the club. I was flamed too lol.

They did seem to come up with a slick way to protect credit card transactions though, so I will give Apple credit for that.

features from the competitors slowly trickle in. I don't mind it. I am happy when they do. A lot of people, even non Apple users, will benefit from Apple finally adopting NFC.

4. sr1329 macrumors member

Someone on Engadget discussion said something like this:

NFC was the next gen technology that Samsung et al. turned into yesterday's technology. Apple took yesterday's technology and made it's implementation the standard for the future.

It's not the technology it's what you do with it.