So are iPhone data speeds still slow since the hurricane?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Nov 17, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I have almost 5 bars of 3G at home, an improvement since the storm but the data speeds are really slow and not very reliable(on verizon). I know 25% of cell tower's have been downed but are they piggybacking off each other's networks? I can get 5 bars of LTE and still get only 8 mbps. Driving through northern new jersey it seems like they got most things up and running, terrible to hear about seaside and toms river though. Even calling on verizon has been kind of messed up, tried to call my mom and within the first ring it said "call ended" or "call failed" multiple times then finally it went through, it was nothing on my moms end since she is in a good at&t coverage area.

Not looking to start a debate here, just an answer.

2. dannyhex macrumors regular

in new york they are back to normal slow speeds. 3g that is. no 4g for sprint in tri state/long island.

3. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I'm on Long Island and I get .39 mb/s on my 4S on AT&Ts 4G (aka fancy 3G) which is horrendous. Many parts of LI I can't even get call reception let alone Internet. I hope the data problems are temporary and that they'll fix the towers already.