So are they going to stretch legacy apps or what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildonrio, Sep 9, 2014.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Not quite sure how old apps will work on the new resolutions. Are they going to scale them bigger or something?

2. nosaj72 macrumors member

This is the one thing I haven't seen addressed anywhere. I assume that Apples Hands On phones at the event didn't have any legacy apps installed, and that they weren't letting people install them.

3. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

Huh? It was shown very clearly during the keynote. Apps will scale and text will remain sharp.

4. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

It cut out for me when they were showing that. So the images will have jagged edges? Or will they smooth things out?

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I didn't see that. I saw something about Trucks.

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Anything using the standard UI (i.e., not using custom image elements) it should be just fine, like Facebook.

Artwork though will probably have to be updated.

7. nosaj72 macrumors member

That's when the stream was going bonky for me, I guess. Did they show actual screenshots??

8. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

Aaah yes.... the stream! It was truly horrible!! They showed actual screenshots of the unoptimised CNN app:

[​IMG]

And they gave an example what the CNN app would look like if it was optimised :) They said it was "desktop class scaling" and that all text and vector graphics would look as sharp as they would on an optimised app, only larger.