So are we guaranteed to receive our phones on 10/14?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Oct 7, 2011.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I am stressing already because I ordered mine to be shipped to work... if it doesn't arrive Friday, I'll be gone the entire next week and won't be able to get it.

Should I be fine? I've always picked up in-store, but don't feel like dealing with that hassle this time.

2. InTheAir macrumors regular

Guarantee is probably a bit overstated, but perhaps highly likely.

3. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

They should be attempting delivery on the 14th. Have you had stuff shipped to your office in the past? The reason I ask is sometimes if it's a huge company the mailroom may take a day to actually deliver it to you. I had the 3GS delivered to work and tracked it. As soon as I saw that it had been delivered I ran down to the mail room and picked it up. It was a company with about 3,000 employees and I'd had plenty of stuff shipped their before but I didn't want to wait another 2 hours before they actually brought it by my desk.

4. badsetup, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

badsetup macrumors newbie

Anyone else order from AT&T site afraid they won't get their phone on the 14th? I checked my order status and it's saying backorder. I feel like that makes sense since technically it is backordered until the 14th.

Any good experiences with this? :confused:

:apple:

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Last year I got mine on launch day. Don't worry too much.

And for the person who is having it delivered to work, at least you know that if it doesn't come on Friday, it will be safe at work until you get back.

6. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

last year, i got my iphone 4 the day before launch. i went to apple store and walked around.

7. Davewithak macrumors regular

When I ordered from Verizon, it said expected delivery was the 14th. Now, when I check my order status, it says expected ship date is the 14th :(

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Consider switching to decaf :D

Probably it'll get there, but if it doesn't I suspect you'll survive. And, stressing won't change the outcome either way.

9. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Home delivery sucks it hard when you work in an office for a living. You're never around to have something delivered, and it's like there's some rule that UPS and FedEx distribution centers must be located in the most inaccessible part of town that requires you to drive on whatever roads have the heaviest traffic during rush hour (after work) to pick something up.

10. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

There are but two guarantees in life: Death and Taxes.

11. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

AT&T Store....

I just pre-ordered mine at an AT&T store in NYC, and they said it wouldn't ship for 14-21 days. The guy said they were required to tell customers that, just in case, but that I might get it before. Keep in mind I ordered this around 10AM EST, and I hadn't heard about any other delays at that point.

When I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 (at the same AT&T store in Midtown), I placed the order around 2PM EST and got it on launch, so who knows! All I can say is that iPhone 4 pre-orderes were crazy, and these have seemed relatively tame.

Crossing fingers.

12. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

My dad is trying to order at sprint. Their site is down and the apple store is running slow. I think ATT was the way to go.

I got my confirmation instantly and my other confirmation about an hour later.

13. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I am seeing the same. I am not putting much stock in the "expected ship date" currently. I believe that is just a placeholder and they will ship them when they can. They are probably just trying to set realistic expectations for delivery.

14. fender57 macrumors 6502

If you ordered early this morning or even right now, there is no reason to not expect delivery on the 14th. "Guaranteed" is a strong word, but, if for some reason your delivery date changes you will be notified. The only time my delivery dates were changed were to bump them earlier than the expected date - I ordered the 3GS later than most, delivery date was a few days after launch but I got bumped up to launch date; iPhone 4 was delivered a day before the official launch date.

Bottom line: don't worry if you've already ordered it. I'm fairly certain you will get it delivered on the 14th.

Apple seems to be handling the pre-order much better than years past, minor hiccups early this morning notwithstanding.

15. silver8ack macrumors regular

I talked to an in-store ATT rep today. They told me that pre-orders are 2-3 weeks out, but they will get plenty on launch day at the store.