So at this point, is it better to wait for them to sell the AW in stores?

Stephencovar

macrumors member
May 20, 2015
Pasadena, California
The only reason I wouldn't wait is because there really isn't way to know exactly what models would be sold in stores just yet. We also don't know when in June these watched would be sold in stores.

Comment

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
You can always order to put yourself in line, and then cancel if you get one in store.

Comment

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2008
^ Yep, this is the best advice. Place your order online now, and then cancel if it becomes available at one of your local stores.

Comment

Sfau03

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
You can always order to put yourself in line, and then cancel if you get one in store.
The only way to get a watch is to wait for it to become available. No one outside of a very few at Apple know for sure what watches will be available when. The only way to insure you get one at the earliest date is to either pay a premium to someone on eBay or Craig's list, or get into the "virtual" line at Apple and wait your turn. As melman said you can always cancel if you find another route to get it sooner, but if you don't reserve your spot in line, you have no assurances any other plan will work. Your CC is not charged until Apple starts packaging your watch, and in that case it arrives at your door the next business day.

Comment

sam223

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2008
Apple will probably anounce AW store availability during WWDC Keynote

Comment

CharlesShaw

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2015
Just checked on the US Apple Store iPhone app and the 42mm SG purchased as of now is shipping 2-3 weeks. Some models are now 1-2 weeks, the only one I saw shipping longer than 3 weeks was the space black.

Comment

hovscorpion12

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Yes. Now is the perfect time to wait for in store a availability. I anticipate in store sales next week due to the 2-3 week shipping estimates. If by tomorrow or Friday Apple improved shipping again by posting 1-2 weeks, then either buy it right there online or wait. I have a good feeling that first week of June is in store availability.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.