So AW series 2 and £100 more?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Freida, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Freida macrumors 65816

I was going to consider buying the new watch until I've found out that its £100 more. Why? Thats 25% (42mm) more.

Who else is disappointed with the price hike?

2. geordiedan macrumors newbie

geordiedan

Very disappointed. Had my heart set on the stainless steel with Milanese, but at £100 more I don't know if I can justify it. I was already stretching myself so I may just settle for the sport model instead

3. KrisLord macrumors 65816

I've sold my AW in anticipation of buying the 2, but I'll probably go for the new series 1. I don't swim or run so for me the water resistance and gps aren't totally needed. I just want something faster.

GPS without data is pointless other than for exercising as it can't be used for mapping (unless you can store map data on the watch)

Slightly disappointed with the iPhone 7 pricing, it's considerably more expensive! I'd expected an increase but. It what we ended up with.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Base model original AW should be compared to base model Series 1 (not Series 2) and Series 1 is actually cheaper.

5. GlobeZ macrumors member

GlobeZ

It's not in the UK... 38mm Series 1 is £10 more expensive, 42mm is the same price :(

6. KrisLord macrumors 65816

That's based on current pricing yes, but remember there was a price cut during the life of the original watch. I think the 42mm sport launched at £339