So becasue of the iPad - Is 3.2 OS coming soon then?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phelly, Jan 29, 2010.

1. phelly macrumors newbie

If the iPad is running "iPhone 3.2 OS" and this includes new features like wallpaper.

Could this mean that we will have a 3.2 release for the Iphone very soon? Everyone seems to be waiting for 4.0 OS to come out around June (traditionally) before we see anything new.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not necessarily. We could get nothing until March (yearly new iPhone OS talk).

3. ukcolinr macrumors regular

I read somewhere on these forums (I really can't remember where) that it said in the iPad SDK that was just released that 3.2 was for the iPad and wouldn't be released on the iPhone/iPod Touch. That doesn't mean we can't have 3.2.1 I suppose lol :)

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I bet

when it comes out it will be out but probably not sooner. honestly giving that there is no known beta testing going on with developers I'm guessing no.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

My guess is that at this point it is unlikely a new version of 3.x will be released for the iPhone. I would further guess that, just as in every previous year, we will get a beta release of 4.0 in late March with a release in June/July about the time of the new iPhone's release. But like everything else's, this is just a guess.

6. bozzykid macrumors 68020

3.2 is iPad only. They will probably announce 4.0 which will merge the two code bases back together. It is doubtful it will be released before Summer since it will require months of beta testing by app developers.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I can't see the iPhone getting background pictures in and 3.x revision. If 3.2 was released for the iPhone the software would identify the iPhone on install and limit certain functions.