So call me a lemming, but I'm loving my new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotlex, Nov 10, 2008.

1. rotlex macrumors 6502a

I couldn't help but post this. This past weekend, my Sprint contract FINALLY ran out! (Had some confusion on expiration date due to my wife's line, and had to wait a month longer than I thought)!

Anyway, can I just say that this thing is 100% absolutely unequivocally worth the cost of admission? Wow, just wow. I come from a LONG background of PDA phones. Everything from early winmobile devices, to most recently, a run with Treo's. (650, 700 etc.). None of them have come close to how much I'm loving this thing, LOL.

I think I got lucky too regarding promotions and discounts. My wife also needed a new phone, and we were switching from Sprint. She wanted a Treo Centro, which I have a ton of software for so that's a good thing, and me, the iPhone. (Went with the 16GB). ATT was running a special, local store, that gave an additional $50 off the already 100 rebate deal for the Centro, which will bring it down to like $40 or so total . Also, as I was switching from Sprint, activation fees were waived\rebated for both phones. Add onto that my FAN discount from work, and I wound up with a decent deal. Plan wise, I'm looking at the 1400 minute plan, data on both phones, 200 text per phone per month, insurance on the wife's phone, and all the usual stuff for just under $150 a month.

Can I yammer on again on how much I love this phone. :D No accessories yet other than a case. I was going to get the Incase Slider, but came across a nice acrylic\clear\smooth case from RocketFish, Best Buy, that fits beautifully, and has a built in screen protector, all for like $24 bucks.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and happy whatever!

2. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Cool, enjoy your phone. Make sure that case wont scratch it up!

Other than that, sounds good, except 200 text!! If your not a texter sounds fine but i use at least 500 / month and I'm sort of a light texter.

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Cool!

I just got mine! I'm sure I will love it! :)

4. Surely Guest

Surely

5. aluren macrumors 65816

thanks for sharing. enjoyed reading your experience. wait until you get your hands on some of the apps available! tons of apps is probably the best part of the iphone.

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'm really happy for you. I'm really enjoying my iPhone too. :D

7. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Whoa :eek: I must be an extremely light texter! I'm sure I don't even go over 20 texts a month :p

I write emails instead. Only text whenever I need an instant/semi instant reply and don't feel like calling.

8. rotlex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, LOL. I guess I'm a lightweight. On Sprint, I was lucky if I broke 100 per month, 200 if I count the wife's phone, total. And I thought THAT was a lot. :) It is 200 per phone, and I figure if I do become more addicted, or my daughter eventually get a phone, I'll go with the unlimited. The $30 a month for that right now though seemed a bit steep!

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

rotlex,

Welcome!

With the amount of complaints that circulate around here, one would think they are the minority for actully liking their iPhone, but don't worry....you're not alone. There are many of us that are thrilled with the iPhone and what it can do.

Enjoy!
    Bryan

10. detz macrumors 65816

Load it up with apps and have fun, the iPhone is the best phone ever made. :D

11. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

I too was a Treonaut, with the 650, then the 680. Tried the Centro... yuck. I really liked my treo, back in the day. Even bought an app for it, and enjoyed the experience of installing it on my PC so I could then install it on my PalmOne device.

I also had an HP ipac, ran WM, which was OK, but slower than cold peanut butter. And a battery eater, nom nom nom.

Now, the iPhone. There really is no comparison. Welcome to the happyland of the kool-aid drinkers.:D

12. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

You're not a lemming at all. Most of us are here because we love this phone! It's a curse that the most popular phone is also going to receive the most criticism. It may have its faults, but that hasn't stopped 10 million people from buying it!

Enjoying mine tons too! So is my wife, who wasn't sure she even wanted one until I talked her into it, and now she can't live without it!

13. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

14. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Haha. Lemming :p

Since the release day, I'm loving my iPhone as well, welcome to the family :)

15. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the light. :)

What's amazing, is that you can fall in love this way, all over again, if you're stuck on Windows.

It's a similar experience switching to Mac. :D

16. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

what ive heard in the retail world... "when someone has a good experience they tell 3 people, but when they have a bad experience they tell 15"

good to finally hear a happy person!!

17. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I've had my iPhone since 1 September and love it more every day. And every time you discover a wicked new App you remember how amazing the phone is.

Enjoy it!

18. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I've been obsessed with the iPhone since it came out. FINALLY got mine a few days ago and I love it. Everytime I use it, I know I made a good decision.

19. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

20. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

"Lemmings are small rodents, usually found in or near the Arctic, in tundra biomes. Together with the voles and muskrats, they make up the subfamily Arvicolinae (also known as Microtinae), which forms part of the largest mammal radiation by far, the superfamily Muroidea, which also includes the rats, mice, hamsters, and gerbils."

or

"Lemmings is a puzzle computer game, developed by DMA Design and published by Psygnosis in 1991, originally for the Commodore Amiga. Lemmings was one of the most popular computer games of its time and several games magazines praised the game, giving it some of their highest review scores at the time."

Attached Files:

21. samiwas Suspended

Lemming are also known for doing things in big herds, including jumping off cliffs together during migration. That's where the phrase comes from. They follow each other off a cliff, sometimes to their own death.

22. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Very true. Reading these forums you'd think the haters are the majority. But obviously that's the exact opposite from the truth. Just look at the numbers being released by Apple. iPhone sales, App Store sales, and market share are through the roof. For a company that just got into the smartphone business less than 2 years ago, that's incredible.

Now they are saying it has more market share than the Razr?? For a high-end smartphone that requires a minimum $80/mo data/voice plan, that is staggering.

Any company that faces Apple as a competitor, whether it be in the phone or the PC industry, has got to be getting really nervous now.

23. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Deep down inside we all love our iPhone. But, you have to look at what type of customers Apple attracts; basically 2 groups.

The first group are usually people who know little about computers. They just want to go on a computer they know will work and will not crash. They just want a pleasant/easy/friendly experience.

The 2nd group is composed of people who are more tech savy, but demand more from their products. That is why they initially switched. They weren't satisfied with Windows/other OSs. These people are very hard to please and are likely going to still complain, but they still love their Apple products.

I likely fall into this 2nd category and my wife into the 1st category.

btw, those lemmings are cute! I want one.

24. chinarider macrumors regular

Count me in as a Lemming too!

Verizon contract ended Sunday. I "Pre Qualified" on the apple site a month ago. Went in to the Apple Store upon opening Sunday, handed them my Pre-Qual page, CC, and DL - And had my 16g Black iPhone in my hand and activated 10 minutes later. Bought a rubber Incase to go with it.

Still researching accessories - For headset, I am leaning towards the Jawbone2, but people either love it or hate it. I'll need a car cup/charger eventually. Been loading up on simple apps, in 48 hours I've already used Ebay, Facebook, Files Lite, MyLite, Groceries, and DVR Shows. But so far the coolest app I've used is Shazam.

Gotta go - Steve is on call-waiting on the iChip in my Brain....

25. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Dude, you'll be pleased to discover that it won't be a short-lived 'affair' too: :D