So can somebody confirm that the WHITE iPhone 5 has no scuffing issue?

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Is the scuffing problem only limited to the Black iPhone 5 models due to the darker anodized Aluminum? Are any White iPhone 5 users having any issues?

Mbman81

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
I got a white and black iphone 5 (white was for the misses). The white has more dings/chips then the black.

misterjay

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
As of now, since I got two white iPhone 5's (me and my sister) on the launch date, i can confirm that these two have no issues what so ever.
*knock on wood* lol

milan03

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New York City
White one has RAW anodized aluminum. Black one is the same painted black. when you scratch the black one it shows silver underneath.
You get my point.

No scratches on my White one.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
opened 2 in the store, both with scratches
Hmmm. "iPhone 5 is made with a level of precision you’d expect to find in a finely crafted watch...". I will definitely be buying mine at the Apple store and thoroughly checking it out before leaving. I surely wouldn't buy a watch with scratches on it :eek:

Nokaoi

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2009
Zero scuffs or marks on mine during unboxing and now. It went straight into a case. Scuff gate came up. Took it out. No scuffs. Put back in case. White 16gb.

jbellanca

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
My white one came out-of-the-box with a nick in the metal band, but the Apple Store just replaced it today with a brand new one that's perfect. I think over time the white one will hold up better since it's raw aluminum and not anodized. i.e., the black "coating" can be scraped away to show the bare metal underneath (not a fault of Apple, that's just how it works with anodized aluminum)... not possible on the white that's only got the bare metal.