So check this out.. Iphone5 First experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sikotic, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sikotic, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

sikotic macrumors newbie

So.. Whats up guys! I've been a solid android user, the only thing that had kept me was the slide out keyboards, but I've had a phone upgrade just sitting for a while & when I first heard about this new Iphone5, It just felt right.

Keep in mind this is my first time trying to get an apple phone.. I had no idea there was a right or wrong way to go about a pre-orders..

Heres my weird experience so far..

So on friday I go into a local Verizon store (not a corporate store) at about 12 noon, to place a pre-order. I was hoping I could get it no problem when they first ship out. The lady did not give me a tracking number,order number or anything & the only receipt I got was emailed to me. Now the Estimated time of arrival on my digital receipt said "9/21 at 12:00pm". Now here is where it gets weirder.. I paid CASH for the pre-order & she told me the phone would be shipped to the store & they would call me to come pick it up.

So after getting home & going online, Im noticing that everyone is tracking their orders already and they have tracking #'s, order #'s & all that, so I begin to wonder why I can't do the same, so today I tried calling them & their phones are not working. I ended up going in the store to check out the status on my phone & she said "It looks like the phone will ship out on the 21st or the 26th" which wasn't making any sense to me since she said it would be there "In a couple of days" on the 14th when I had ordered it.

So after going into ANOTHER verizon store (corporate store) this time & telling them my story, they were shocked at the fact that the other store, not only let me pay cash, but also had the phone shipped to their store instead of my house. They also informed me that ONLY the corporate stores will be receiving Iphone5's on the 21's & not the private retailers. So I'm like "great... "

So from this point my only thought was to cancel my order with the store I had initially made the pre-order with, Then test my luck waiting outside friday at a corporate store with hopes of getting a phone. BUT since I paid cash, they cant refund my order easily & if they do it will take a week or so to receive a check..

What would you do?

2. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

I can only Laf at the shady "probably ghetto" salesperson... And feel for u....

I've only always trusted in ordering through apple as south Florida phone stores are "in my opinion" as described above....

3. Sputnek macrumors regular

LOL, in FL a mobile store (corporate or not) will pop up one week, and be gone the nest. Very shady business indeed.

4. rsnc macrumors regular

wow..thats like 3 minutes i will never get back...

..this isnt even an iphone 5 experience...this is a verizon experience.

...good bait though

5. BuckDot macrumors member

Reading this kind of gave me a headache... :(

Anyways, I wouldn't mess around with ANYTHING as I've never trusted those licensed distributors. I'd rather wait an extra week than have to deal with trying to get a refund from them.

6. Sputnek macrumors regular

You know you've lost more than 3 minutes in one view on macrumors before...:D