So did anyone "downgrade" to a 5S from a 6/6+??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpoppamac31, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

So I had upgraded from a 4S to an iPhone 6. But after almost two weeks of using the 6 I still couldn't get used to the bigger size. I loved the 6 in many ways. The display is amazing and will be great once Apps are updated for it. Nonetheless I just found it too big to hold as I often felt I would drop it. I had an Apple leather case on it. Has anyone else "downgraded" to a 5S??

2. deviant macrumors 65816

are you, like, small?

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

With a name like bigpoppamac, I would get the 6 plus. Fits the name. Back to the subject, the 5S is still a good phone. If that's what works for you, downgrade. I personally have a plus and love it. The 6 to me is small but hey whatever makes you happy.

4. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I currently have the 6 with a 6 Plus on order and last years 5S. IMHO the 6 is much nicer to hold due to it being thinner, lighter, and rounder.

5. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I switched from a 5s to a 6 Plus and I couldn't be happier. I don't see how anyone could call that a downgrade. The screen is gorgeous and the battery life is much better. I am a moderate to heavy user of my phone and when I went to bed last night it was at 44%. With my 5s I would have to charge it before dinner in order to keep it from dying. I am a small woman and was able get used to the size in no time. After a week of using the 6 Plus, the 5s just felt strange in my hands. It felt almost like I was holding one of my kid's toys.

6. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

I had to. :(

My 6+ bent within the first couple of days, so I bent it back as best as I could and returned it. Now I have to use my wife's old 5S while I wait for my replacement. 5S feels like a tic tac.

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I think you misunderstood him. He's saying going to the 5s is a downgrade not the other way around.

8. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

I think you misunderstood him. Hes saying that he can't understand why you'd choose to downgrade to a 5S because of the reasons he stated in his post.

Just screwin with you. ;) I'm pretty sure he misunderstood as well.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, get whatever meets your needs.

10. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I though about going back to my 5S. I really do love the design and the way it feels in my hands. The only issue is after using the 6+, that resolution became my norm. Now every time use iOS on the 5S or 6, everything just looks way to big for me. If I could get a higher resolution on the screen of the 5S, I would definitely not hesitate to go back to it.

11. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm about 5'9" but am slim and have small hands. In any event I just felt that the 5S felt better in my hands than the iPhone 6.

12. nabwong macrumors regular

I have a 5. Wanted the bigger screen like forever. Always jealous of android. So went to the Apple Store, played around with the 6 and didn't really feel it. Somehow it did feel as premium as my 5. Felt fragile. Sticking with my 5 for now. I'm also 5'9.

13. lke macrumors 6502a

I think that Apple in the future is going to build a new smaller iphone.

The best would be to have 3 different sizes because people hands are different.

Maybe Steve Jobs have approved the iphone 6 and 6 + but only if they also sell a smaller iphone like the 5S

Right now if you want an Android phone you could select from a lot of different types and sizes of phones, if Apple wants to have a good fight with them they need to have 3 phone sizes.

I love my iphone 6 but I understand that a smaller iphone is good for some people, at first when I started using my iphone 6 my hands get tired because they were used to the low weight of the iphone 5S.

* Samsung first sell the Galaxy S4, S5 and then they released the Galaxy S4. S5 mini because they have seen that some people want a smaller phone and lighter

14. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

The 5S is now Apple's budget phone. I doubt they'll do another 4" phone, unless it's something like the 5c (6c?) with older components and cheaper casing. It almost certainly won't be on par with the 6S/6S+ that will be the new flagships by that point.

15. lke macrumors 6502a

If they want to sell more phones they have to do what Samsung is doing.

In some countries like Japan people is very small, I think that in that type of markets the sales of the Galaxy S5 mini is better than in the USA.

16. AFDoc macrumors 68030

No, no one has, you're all alone in the world. Next.

17. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Does the Galaxy S5 mini have the same specs as the full sized Galaxy S5? I'm betting it doesn't.

18. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

I tried to use a 5s and I couldn't even type on it.

19. deviant macrumors 65816

I live in verona, Italy. we get, like, millions of Asians who come to visit our city. They all have HUGE phones and tablets when they make photos. I'm not lying, I've been observing on purpose. Asians LOVE their big phones.

----------

Wait, what? Your hand got tired from a difference of 0.60oz? Man this forum is ridiculous :D

I was eating today and my hand was falling apart. Yeap, you nailed it, new spoon!!!

20. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I prefer the build and size of my 5S over the 6 so I'll be holding onto it another year. We'll see what Apple does next year. Until then the 5S is still a great phone.

21. shr631 macrumors member

Considered the 5S a few days after I got the 6, but no more 64GB :/ Anyway I came to prefer the 6 over my 5 (in fact exchanged for 6+ lol) but there's definitely something awesome & unique about the compact 5S form factor. Don't worry about commenters giving you **** for it, right now the 6/6+ are like newborns and some folks are a little overprotective of it, esp on MR. Also I'm sure you were holding it just fine; unless you have the back facing you or it's upside down, there's probably no wrong way to hold a well-designed phone. The ergs just aren't for everyone's usage preference. Enjoy the 5S!

22. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I don't own an iphone, but I have considered switching from my first generation Moto X to on. If I did, I'd probably choose the 5s; the 6 looked a bit large to me when I checked the new models out at the Apple store. My mini retina iPad fits into a suit jacket pocket and goes everywhere with me. Since I have that for whenever screen size makes a difference, I'd just assume my phone be compact.

23. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Haven't downgraded because I haven't quite let go of my 5s just yet. My primary SIM is still in my 5s. I've had the 6 Plus for over a week and will be getting a 6 soon. I'm still not sure if I want to keep either. Really, really awesome battery life on the 6 Plus, though.

24. jim.hickman.777 macrumors regular

I upgraded from 5 to a 6 and have been happy since