So, did you redeem your Club Nintendo Elite Status Gift? :D

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Jessica Lares, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Got the e-mail today. The servers were bogged down when I first tried, but waited a few hours and it's all good. Some nice freebies including a Mario Gameboy game and Zelda DX for 3DS, and Super Smash Bros for Wii.

Ended up getting Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword. Such a pretty game!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is this an American promotion?

I recently got this through Nintendo Europe Club Nintendo Star Points....
    [​IMG]

3. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

That is a cool statue - I got one off eBay recently.

I ended up going with the posters. My walls are very empty and they will look great framed and hung. Big sucker for 8 bit Luigi - the Pikmin and Zelda ones look beautiful too!

Am a huge Majora's Mask fan so I was thinking of getting that, but may find it on eBay later if the price is right

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

A highly collectible statue - nice...

All we more or or less get in the USA is DRM'd DLC... :mad:

5. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

That is pretty sweet!

And yeah, US promo.

And yeah, we only really get stuff to download for the most part. I don't really care though, as I only got the 3DS so I could go digital. I know that it means that it's not going to be financially beneficial that way, but I really can't afford to have boxes sitting everywhere.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah the statue was 7000 star points. When you consider you have to buy 28 retail games to get that many points it can be quite a pricy 'freebie' statue :)

7. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

You really have to think of it as I get this side benefit that I would not get otherwise. I don't think Sony has a similar service.

The rewards are the games you buy themselves. The other stuff is just gravy and I'm glad they do it. It is not worth buying games just for Club Nintendo rewards. If you are already buying games and you qualify for Platinum then thats great, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Most of the rewards can be found on eBay if it is something you really want. Including those really sweet ones from Japan.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Yeah biggest iritation is actually 'logging' your purchases and then having to go though a 4 page survery for every title you log. It's boring as heck :)

9. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Hahaha, yeah. That's my issue too. Especially when I get like five games at a time.

10. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Sure thats a pain, but you can save em up for a rainy afternoon and the coins themselves are nice to have - have gotten several downloadable games that way including Super Mario 64.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I got that down to it only taking 20 or so seconds! For the textbox I had "Because I like the game" in my clipboard, and most answers (the ones with a randomised position) I just clicked the top entry.
    You still get the points :).

12. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Says the guy who leaked fake news to gaming sites. :D :cool:

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

He's just evil ;) :p

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Evil AND with sexy Nintendo Europe rewards! (Mario Galaxy Platinum OST, SNES Wii controller) bam!

15. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

I didn't have Elite status, but I did have Gold, which I used to redeem a calendar.

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Reminds me of entering multiple Square Enix redemption codes, and only noticing afterwards that they don't ship rewards outside Japan :(

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ouch!!! :(

18. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I picked up the Mario game for the 3DS. I remember playing it on the Gameboy years ago. I thought about SSB, but I only have one classic controllers and don't feel like having GC cords dangling in front of the TV. Looks lie I was platinum last year, but none of the platinum rewards appealed to me. I'm only 60 coins away from gold right now, so I will likely be platinum again this year.

----------

Most of my responses are 'qwerty'
    I end up doing the interest survey, purchase survey and finally the post-pay survey. I actually had 180 points expire last month because I never used them in 3 years.

19. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

I don't get that - you can buy those virtual console titles for $5 or so on the eShop. Those platinum rewards could be sold on eBay for $50 give or take. Why not wait and use the money from that sale to buy any game you want?

20. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

Because I'm lazy.

21. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Gotcha - always baffled that the download games are in there as options. I would LOVE for Nintendo to have exclusive download games not available for purchase. Like they did for the Ambassador program.

22. ianwuk macrumors regular

I have a US 3DS but I am not based in the US so I am not sure I am eligible for this?

23. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Doubt it - I imported a Japanese 3DS, but that doesn't mean I get Club rewards from Japan

24. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I think there's a region issue. The US 3DS can't play international copies of games, nor could you register them.

Anyway, 2013 elite has passed, you'd have to wait until next year.

25. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Just got my email

I'm wondering where that puts me in the pecking order...

In any event, the only gift that really got me excited was the Zelda-Majora's Mask CD soundtrack. I'm guessing there were other options I wasn't privy to.