iPhone XS Max So, does your phone’s stainless band have scratches already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrInquestador, Oct 27, 2018.

1. MrInquestador macrumors regular

MrInquestador

mine doesn’t have any YET. I remember my iPhone X last year had fine scratches just by simply removing it from a tight case.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That’s why I opted for the space gray, no scratches yet with the with the PVD coating. Even with the stainless bands, they can simply be removed with a polishing cloth.

3. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

Nope.

4. NBAasDOGG macrumors 6502

NBAasDOGG

You cannot remove scratches on PVD coated metals!

5. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

6. Deacon-Blues macrumors 6502a

Deacon-Blues

No scratches on my Max, which is kept in a leather Apple case. The bottom of the phone is exposed with that case, but there are no scratches even there.

7. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I've had my white/silver iPhone X (not s) since launch day and don't use a case.

A couple of weeks ago I got a tiny scuff along the band, so i've going to order a cloth to buff it out.

These phones feel so nice in the hand that it seems like a waste of money to put a case on it.

8. Relentless Power, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Evidently you didn’t Understand my post. Thats why I opted for the space gray, where the PVD mainly avoids potential scratches. The stainless bands the OP is referring to, _can_ be polished out. The Fact the PVD coating bands cannot remove the scratches with polishing is well known and has been discussed many times over.

Example of a Past Post of mine:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/gold-ss-polishing-scratches.2141395/#post-26552065

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I use an Apple Silicone Case and I've been removing it quite a few times and so far, I notice no scratches, but the again, I don't obsess over what I don't notice from a naked eye. I don't hold a magnifying glass and inspect for scratches. Fine scratches don't bother me. What bothers me are visible nicks and deep scratches that can be felt. That's when I sleep it off to forget about my third world problems.

10. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

I went for space grey this time. The silver X was nice and after using for a year naked it was pretty scratched up. Took a cloth and some autosol to it and it literally looked brand new, even under intense light. Definitely helped with resale value.