So FaceID is great in the shower (and other times when your finger is wet)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrettDS, Nov 4, 2017.

1. BrettDS macrumors 65816

So I text people a lot. And sometimes I take the phone into the shower with me so I can continue a conversation (Hey, the phone is water resistant anyway... don’t judge me)

But TouchID was super annoying because it rarely worked with wet fingers, so I’d have to enter my passcode all the time, which was also a pain with wet fingers.

FaceID works flawlessly even with a wet face and wet hair.

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

You do know that water “resistant” isn’t the same as water “proof”, right? And that water damage is not covered by your phone’s warranty.

Every time you use your phone in the shower you’re running the risk of damaging it.

3. legioxi macrumors 6502a

It is more susceptible to water damage from steam than direct water, just a fair warning.

4. rawCpoppa macrumors 6502

5. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 65816

I am well aware, but I could drop my phone as i hold it and reply to you. If I wanted to avoid every risk then I would just lock my phone in a safe and never use it.

6. Treyhunna macrumors regular

Treyhunna

Thank you. It’ll be fine bro i do the same shyt.

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Do what you want, it’s your phone, but that is awful logic/rationalizing.
    That’s like saying, “I could die crossing the street anyway, so I might as well play a round or two of Russian Roulette.”

8. benzslrpee, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

showered with my 7+ since day one. never had an issue. great for podcasts, music, youtube... and the occasional early morning conference call where i just need to say ‘hi’ and listen for the remainder

9. BrettDS thread starter macrumors 65816

I’m just saying that it’s an acceptable risk for me. I get that you don’t think it is and that’s fine too

10. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Now I am forever going to wonder about the rest of the people on conference calls when they're quiet the entire time.

11. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

i think i have heard (or known) about everything imaginable that goes on behind ‘mute’

most memorable was a person taking the call while in the bathroom, forgot to mute, full sound effects, labored grunts, the whole shebang. seemed that lunch was not agreeable...

there was a follow up email sent out reminder everyone of phone conference etiquette and always check you are on mute during ‘stall calls’