So Frustrated with Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Melodeath, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I ordered the 5s at 3am EST on Friday. At 10am that day my dad called Apple to change the shipping address for me - the phone was going to his house instead of mine, since our AT&T billing address is his house. Apple said they changed it. On Wednesday, I notice the phone is still going to my dad's place based on the tracking number. I Live Chat UPS and they say they never got a new address for the "shipping change" they got from Apple. So I call Apple and get the address changed a second time. Phone is supposed to be delivered today, Friday. I just checked tracking number and at 10:50AM "First Attempt" was made, and they are re-attempting on Monday. This is ridiculous. Not only is my roommate home, who could have signed for the package, but I have a pre-sign form on the door.

My roommate just texted me that UPS left a note that the name on my pre-sign doesn't match the package, because Apple changed it to my address, but my dad's name.

What can I do? Is there a way to call UPS and speak to an actual person? Whenever I call, I can only talk to a machine, and Live Chat is currently not available.

Can they hold it at the UPS hub so I can pick it up instead of waiting for Monday, or is it too late since it's Friday?

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Typically you can call UPS after (maybe even before) the first delivery attempt and have them hold it at the warehouse. That way you can just pick it up. I've done that same day for a few things.

If you call UPS, once you get in the automated system just say agent and after about the 5th time it'll direct you to someone or after you enter the tracking it should ask if you want to speak so someone.

You may need to contact apple to have them contact ups to change the name though..

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If the name isn't changed, UPS will require a statement signed by your dad authorizing them to release the package to you.

I had this happen, when I ordered a phone to be sent to my son and the Sprint agent changed the shipping address, but didn't listen to me about putting his name on it. I had to print a release statement, sign it and fax a copy.

4. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. I just called UPS and said "Customer Service" over and over to the machine until it connected me to a person. They said I will get a call in an hour confirming that I can pickup the package today. They said I will need an ID with the name, or an ID with the address. I have the address part, but obviously not the name. We will see what happens. Seems rather silly, because if they had just knocked, my roommate could have signed for the package.

5. macroomer macrumors newbie

I feel your pain. I spent all day yesterday ( this morning) trying to get UPS to follow the instructions on the presig form I filled out... They won't. They are ignoring it and saying I have to be home.

Long story short. I still don't have my phone and they are attempting 3rd delivery today.

Meh. What can I do.

6. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

7. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got the call. I can pick it up at 7:30 tonight. Annoying, but at least I'll have it tonight instead of waiting for the Second Attempt on Monday. They said as long as my ID has the shipping address on it, I'll be fine.

Sorry to hear about that, macroomer! :eek: