So, guess who can't get a lawyer?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Jun 6, 2017.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

So it was mentioned by a few in other threads about the investigations that it's smart for various people to retain a lawyer when dealing with all the various Russia investigations upcoming into the Trump campaign. Interestingly enough there is one guy who's having trouble getting a lawyer...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

Sometimes one's past can come back to haunt you.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, I saw an interview today where someone said it is well known in New York law firms that Trump does not pay his bills..that it's not just contractors he stiffs.

I didn't know that until today. Interesting. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I wonder if they will have problems getting people to build their new line of more moderate three star hotels they are planning? The whole brand and family seems to be an out of control train wreck now just waiting to derail.

3. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

4. Zenithal Suspended

Yes, a civil rights attorney, and then taught constitutional law for 12 years. The F-FS worked in corporate law for one of the largest firms in the US and in the world, and held or holds various positions on boards. I don't the Obamas are in need of any money from DJT. Considering the book deal they got which their ghosters will write.

5. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Obama did have a his own private counsel ( lawyer ) like every president, he just never needed their services.

6. Zenithal Suspended

That's because WH counsel isn't protected by attorney-client privilege. They don't protect the President, they protect the Office of President and The White House.

7. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I understood that all presidents keep private counsel. So as you say that's why 45 needs counsel now for his own personal protection. Obama had his counsel, but since he wasn't being investigated himself for anything his counsel's services were never needed, like 45 does now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334802-why-trump-might-hire-an-outside-lawyer-on-russia

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Maybe he can get Dr. Harold N. Bornstein to help out.

9. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I volunteer my services, and can promise him I'll do the best job possible within my abilities. Highlights of my CV:

I've watched Witness for the Prosecution, Advise and Consent, All the President's Men, and most of My Cousin Vinny.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I must be psychic! Otherwise, how could I have guessed that even before I read it?

Oh, Karma, you great big beautiful big-***ted doll!

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

12. samcraig macrumors P6

May it happen to his entire "empire."

Trump and his corporation have proven to not care about those that provide good or services to them. That well should dry up.

13. samiwas macrumors 65816

14. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley