So here is my new Sprint plan- Family pack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Aug 22, 2014.

1. dontwalkhand, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I just switched over to the Sprint Family Pack, here's what I got:

-iPhone 5s Silver (EIP)
    -iPhone 5s Gold
    -iPad mini (EIP)
    -iPad mini
    -Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
    -Cheapie Flip phone I bounce around to steal an upgrade from to get newer iPhones

- $189 a month incl the installment plans and the employer discount. 30 GB of Data thanks to the 1 new iPad mini I added. They wouldn't let me switch over unless I added something- so I added the mini. The nice part I'm paying a lower price per month with the second mini there. My significant other now has a surprise.

Before I was paying $217 for the same package minus one iPad mini, and only 3 GB of data for the phones and 1 GB for the iPad. The extra 10GB WAS A BONUS THEY THREW IN!

Before people go on a Sprint rant- I was already on Sprint and was stuck in a contract, so it made no difference and they made my bill lower while adding another device. I'm happy.

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

It’s a good deal - good for you. Not sure what part of Phoenix you’re in - I’m on AT&T in the west valley. My sister-in-law lives near us and has Sprint but she said service really sucks around here. Hopefully yours is better.

3. lysola macrumors member

I'm seriously considering a switch from my current provider to some of the more attractive deals going on w/ other providers. They're very tempting and offer great deals compared to what I'm currently on. Glad to hear more stories like this. Hopefully this type of serious competition causes a more competitive market rather than two big giants having the luxury to overcharge.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm paying about $211. A bit more than you, but I have unlimited data and a 2GB hotspot. I also have a free Airave (from Retentions). Simply Everything Data 1500 Family plan. Don't know which plan you were on, but with Anytime Minutes and free Mobile to Mobile I don't have to worry (ever) about going over my 1500 minutes.

Oh. Phoenix, West Valley. LTE sucks at home and in Glendale (where I work) but it's slowly getting better.

Not good enough for me to stay though. Been with Sprint for 15 years but we are getting out when we get our tax refund next year.

Attached Files:

5. sinclac57 macrumors member

When you consider how bad their network sucks it's not worth it.

6. Apple Trees macrumors 6502

Sprint would have to pay me to use their network. They might be even worse than T-Mobile.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My contract is up on the 9th, so I'll be switching from my current family plan to two individual $60 unlimited data plans. But that's just to cut the bill down until next year when we get our refund. At that point we're gone from Sprint. I don't care how good they get now in Phoenix, although I doubt they ever will here. PHX seems to be one market Sprint really doesn't care about.

8. luckysoldier87 macrumors newbie

Did sprint tell you that after the end of 2015 your bill goes up? Thats the promo they are running right now they waive the line access fees till the end of 2015 then you get charged per device. which is $15 for installment phone and $40 for contract devices.

9. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

That's weird because my bill has those line access fees. So it can't really go up.

Also free hotspot on all devices.