So how do I ge the most out of my jailbroken iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crunch, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Crunch macrumors 6502

Crunch

Hey everyone,

Jailbreaking using WinPwn 2.5 was a snap. So now I have Installer and Cydia.

What do you guys download and install? Are there any basic (and advanced) things you can let me in on in order to get the most out of the iPhone 3G?

What do you (and have you) downloaded so far? Does it integrate into the App Store apps somehow? I have about 12GB free, and I'd like to load this baby app with some fun stuff. :)

Thanks all...:)

2. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I'd start with Winterboard and a few themes. The featured apps on Cydia are also a good option.

Then I'd spend a good amount of time going through all the packages in Cydia - can't think of any off the top of my head, but there's a couple of good ones on there.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Are you on a mac or pc. If on a of can you post a link to the jailbreaking instructions. Thanks

4. pundapun macrumors newbie

Check out intelliscreen. It's not free but it's definitely worth the $5.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Threadjack, missing OS info, wrong forum. Classic.

6. Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502

Crunch

Alright, no problem. I will make a thread and write a detailed, easy-to-understand "guide" to jailbreak the iPhone for any firmware version (2.0, 2.0.1, as well as 2.0.2).

I'm on Windows Vista 64-bit.

I also have a special SIM card which unlocks the iPhone 3G, so it can be used on ANY carrier in the world. I'm currently in Germany, and have purchased two so far. I will likely buy 200 more and sell them once I'm back in the U.S.