Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Wait until the 18th and then download iTunes 11.1. Or you might be able to use an app that gives you access to the file system.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
Doesn't look like you can until iTunes 11.1 comes out for Windows.

EDIT: My iPhone is syncing music.

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
If you are a developer, that means that you have a Macintosh that you can run the iTunes beta on which is available on the developer site.

If you are not a developer why the heck are you running the GM?

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
i restored everything from iCloud and all my music was restored.

----------

never mind just tried playing them and they all got deleted.

I don't buy music. Shoot me :p

----------

If you are a developer, that means that you have a Macintosh that you can run the iTunes beta on which is available on the developer site.

Here's your answer: Because I can.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US

I don't think we're doing that any more.

But to answer your question using my coworkers as an example, developers enlist their friends and family to help test apps. And those developers are very good at getting people excited and telling them how to install the beta / GM, but they aren't so good at warning them about the problems that will crop up and to not use it on their daily driver. The sad part is that these willing victims don't have the expertise to work themselves out of the hole.

I know, this covers about 0.1% of the non-devs that have problems but the forum is better when empathy is extended without question.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
Big update.

I installed iOS:7 on my Macbook Pro, and am now syncing my music on my Windows 7 desktop. iTunes version 11.0.5.

iTunes is now giving me the "Updates to iTunes 11.1 to sync

8rqDPNI.jpg

Last edited:

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I don't think we're doing that any more.

But to answer your question using my coworkers as an example, developers enlist their friends and family to help test apps. And those developers are very good at getting people excited and telling them how to install the beta / GM, but they aren't so good at warning them about the problems that will crop up and to not use it on their daily driver. The sad part is that these willing victims don't have the expertise to work themselves out of the hole.

I know, this covers about 0.1% of the non-devs that have problems but the forum is better when empathy is extended without question.

Haha it's okay, I've been here for a while now. I'm no noob around iOS devices don't let my join date fool you :p, I've been "beta testing" since iOS 6 or iOS 5, I can't remember which one but I think it was 5 and jailbreaking since the iPhone 3G

----------

Big update.

I installed iOS:7 on my Macbook Pro, and am now syncing my music on my Windows 7 desktop. iTunes version 11.0.5.

Weird. It let me update to the GM on my windows 7 laptop, but no syncing on my windows 7 laptop lol

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
You didn't completely redact your name. :) On a related note I almost watched 2001 tonight.

About 10 minutes after uploading and posting on here, I realised I left one part out. Oh well! If I get some Facebook requests, I'll know why. :cool:

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
I suggest double checking your backups, because this is weird.

My iPhone is currently restoring from iCloud at the moment. Very slowly to say the least.

And another update, my iTunes has clicked that my phone is on iOS:7 and now won't let me sync or anything. Poop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.