So how good is Voice Control going to be with foreign names and music?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, Jun 9, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Hi,

I just realized something, the Voice Control for 3Gs is great and all, but how is it going to stack up against foreign sounding names and foreign music? A LOT of my friends in college are from different ethnicities and countries, and how well will the iPhone going to be at handling names like Yicong, or Krishnaswamy? Also music? Spanish Music? Indian Music? A.R. Rahman? Like if I say play "Jai Ho" will be smart enough to play it? [Slumdog Millionaire reference, btw.]??

Anyone know the specifics on this?

Thanks!!

2. vader1990 thread starter macrumors regular

bump...somebody gotta have some idea right...?

3. vader1990 thread starter macrumors regular

Now that the phone has been out a few days anyone know the answer to my query? Thanks!!

4. Arne macrumors regular

The Voice Control does work in german, so theoretically it should be able to understand at least german names, but I don't know if it does when set to english...

5. bender0069 macrumors member

I've had a problem with it recognizing some names in general. I can't get it to dial my friend Makalah (pronounced Michaela) It tries either Megan, Melissa or Chrystal or random numbers and symbols. I've had a few other name issues too, but I can't remember who they were at the moment.