So how long will you wait for bigger IPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

So is there a delay that is too long to wait for the bigger IPhone. I'm not saying it's going to be delayed but some rumors suggest it's a possibility. I will wait for how ever long it takes and will pay only retail. The 5s will get me by fine till I can get the 5.5. If can't buy in apple store or ATT. Then I will wait for when it's available.

Also what price is the breaking point that it's too much for the phone? I see a price tag of about 1200 or so for the largest capacity phone.

So what's the max you pay on contract or off contract and is there a delay that would too be long to go ahead and get the 4.7?

My guess 350 on contract and about 1200 or so off. Yes I'm pulling these numbers out of the air and purely guessing

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm just going to wait and see tomorrow. I figure why jump to conclusions on what will cause me to pass on the phone. Waiting one more day should answer all my questions :)

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I'm getting whatever comes out first, if the 5.5 is that much of an upgrade and released at a later date, i can always sell the 4.7 and purchase that instead.

4. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

True enough and well said. Guess been waiting on a good size phone though I know ( including my wife) perfectly happy and really don't want a bigger iPhone

5. Powrie macrumors 6502

If I didnt have a Tablet I would go for the Bigger phone.

But since I have an Air and I use my phone as an MP3 player mostly I dont need the big one.

I have the tablet to consume media.

But if you are always on the go and you dont have a tablet to carry around or you dont want to then get the bigger screen.

6. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Ideally it'll come out at the same time. I'm expecting to wait about a month. Two months is probably my breaking point, if it's longer than that I'll just get the 4.7" on release day.

7. rockitdog macrumors 68020

You're way to level headed for this forum!;)

8. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

So how long will you wait for bigger IPhone?

I'm not waiting at all for the 5.5 if I have to. I'll get the 4.7 and be happy.

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If there is a delay between the two, I'll probably get 4.7. Once 5.5 gets released, I'll determine if I want to sell my 4.7 to get a 5.5...

10. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

First I'd wait to see what iOS 8 brings, then I'd wait to see what the early adopters have to say about their new devices. It takes developers a few weeks(months) to update all the apps anyway. Being first has lost its luster over the years. Before it used to be cool to own the device right away, it's just not the same anymore.

11. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Won't be waiting because I don't the 5.5 inch variant. I want the 4.7".

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I want the 5.5" but if it's delayed more than 1 month I'll just get the 4.7" this year.

13. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

I won't be waiting if it's going to be a delayed release, I'm currently using a 3GS and it's starting to annoy me already. (Having recently sold the 4S).

14. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Ive been waiting for two years (and owned HTCs during).
    No 5.5", and I get the Samsung Note 4 (or the edge).
    Ive waited that long, I can wait another year.

15. akhilleus macrumors member

I think after tomorrow we're all going to have a better idea of what's going on. Then we can plan, rejoice, cry, speculate, fawn, laugh. Either way, I'm not getting a new phone unless this one breaks before the contract's over. I don't like owning technology the second it comes out.