So how loud is the 27" Cinema Display's speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjahshik32, Jul 31, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I noticed that in the specifications page regarding the 27" Cinema Display shows that its speakers are 49 watts. How many watts is the current 24" Cinema Display?

I'm just curious how loud the 27" Cinema Displays speaker will be.

Is the current 27" iMac speakers the same as the stand alone 27" Cinema Displays that will be released in September?

2. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I'm interested in this as well. I sure hope the sound coming out of this is clear and crisp. I tried the 24" cinema displays and the last gen iMacs and I couldn't stand the speakers. The sound was very muffled and not crisp at all.

3. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

I'd have a guess that the 49 watts stated relates to pmpo output not RMS output although I could well be wrong, off hand 4 watts pmpo = roughly 1 watt rms but don't quote me on it.

I really wanted the replacement screen to be more than a 27' job and without speakers but guess this has been done to promote the 27" imac and for them to double there real-estate.

But there again it brings up the issue of speakers and subsequent redundancy if linked to an iMac and controlling the sound on two screens.