So how mad will everyone be if Apple has very low iPhone 5S stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lucille Carter, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Lucille Carter, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

It just could happen.

Just for Apple to have all three colors with three different memory configs and for all the different carriers, plus some rumors . . . . . and NO preorders!

I got a bad feeling that the stores will have very limited numbers with some colors and memory configs missing. Even mailorder will have to wait before shipping.

Hope I am wrong, but I do not think so.:(

2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I called my store and they said they have a healthy supply of all configurations... He still said to try and arrive early though

3. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

"Healthy"

Enough to get though the day without running out? Would they get more tomorrow?

"Healthy but arrive early" ?:cool:

4. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Im thinking he means enough to get the majority of people who arrive before open and are waiting in line... But who knows. I guess ill find out in the morning!

5. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Apple gets new shipments of stock every day.

6. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I will be furious considering I sold my Iphone 5 2-3 weeks ago.

Now if I didnt sell it yet, I wouldnt really care, but Im using my dumb phone and its been rough.

7. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Why be mad? I'm hoping to get my phone tomorrow but if I don't life goes on.

8. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Don't you guys understand?

> Apple didn't allow pre-orders
    > Apple spread rumors there would be a shortage
    > Apple wants giant lines for publicity

Apple acquired AuthenTec a few years ago, and they didn't just plan the fingerprint sensor a few months ago, it's been planned for a while, so there was no shortage of fingerprint sensors.

If I could cyber-bet, I would bet a lot of money that the stores and carriers will be very high in stock. Stop believing they won't have a lot, Apple wants giant lines, there are no facts to prove any of these rumors. Without pre-orders, there will be TONS of iPhones at each store

9. mikeyhd macrumors member

hope you're correct, that would be the best outcome

10. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

Well thanks for setting us all straight! LOL!:p

11. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I am 100% sure. I don't know about carriers, but the Apple stores will have PLENTY

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Some will have a hissy fit as if Apple isn't ever going to make more 5s phones.

Rest of the world will carry on.

13. fark macrumors regular

No offense, but getting mad doesn't solve anything and usually makes things worse. I'll be up at 2:55 am Eastern and try and order a 5s. If it works, great. If not, I won't be driving to my local ATT or Apple store like I did for the iPhone4. I'll just keep using my iPhone5.

14. Dave245 macrumors 601

Hope your right but that contradicts what they were saying about Australia and Asia (that delivery times are 7-10 days) due to low stock. Doesn't bode well for the U.S or us here in the UK :confused:

15. swish2351 macrumors 6502

USA is Apple's home country and biggest seller, the US will get the most phones

16. Lucille Carter, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

Others might sleep well with your news but I still have GREAT doubs.:rolleyes:

17. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Everyone knows there is low stock so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

As long as I get my order in after 00:01 I'll be happy. If it takes 1, 2 or 4 weeks then so be it. It just doesn't matter.

18. trife macrumors 6502

trife

I'm not more "in the know" than you, however I think there may be some truth to lower stock. Just got back from my local T-Mobile store and was told that no stores in my STATE will have launch day iPhones. They're doing shipment orders, meaning you come in and they essentially place an online order for you.

Obviously reps can be unreliable, but this is a girl I've bought from plenty of times in the past. I don't think she has any reason to make up stories, so maybe there is indeed a lower volume of launch day devices.

Then again, it could just be T-Mobile. Or where I live (AL). Or a combination of both. SMH.

19. Lamarak macrumors 6502

I really hope your spot on for tomorrow but think will be in-between that great stock and low. Also really depend on where you live. New York and some areas have had campers early as this week, and in cities like where I am in Texas, so far no lines anywhere, but will probably start soon.

20. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Unreliable source. I highly doubt there will be no iPhones in the entire state of Alabama... And, it's T-Mobile, not the Apple stores

21. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I really think the iPhone 5C is going to help availability of the 5S a lot. Availability may still be tight but if they had only done the 5S I think it would be a lot worse.

22. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

23. thecurryman macrumors 6502

except people going in tomorrow to get an iphone will most likley only be getting a 5s. if they wanted a 5c they'd have gotten one by now

24. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

The most phones does not mean they will have plenty. :mad:

25. ViP3l2 macrumors newbie

I'm 3rd in line at the Georgetown, DC location and the manager came out and exclaimed to us that they will have EXTREMELY LIMITED quantities of the Gold & Silver configurations.