So how many are skipping the upgrade from iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mytakeontech, Sep 10, 2013.

My decision after iP5s/5c announcement...

1. I am going to upgrade for whatever reason (e.g. someone else is paying, I want iP5s etc.)

20 vote(s)
  2. I am not going to upgrade (moving to Android, keep iP5 etc.)

59 vote(s)
  1. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2010
    I for one will skip this upgrade. I have iPhone 5 and do not think it is worth upgrading.
  2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2011
    Houston, TeXas
    Me too. Sticking to my 5 although I've had every iPhone but sadly the 5s is not worth it to me. The 5 is plenty fast.
  3. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep, skipping it as well. Will wait for truly new, bigger screen iPhone 6.
  4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2008
    Upstate Central NY
    I've have a 4S for 22 months now, and am semi-underwhelmed by the 5S, so I am going to wait for the 6 next year.

Could not care less about the fingerprint feature, and I rarely use the camera, so the only thing I'd really gain is speed, and whatever iOS7 on a 5S gains me vs upgrading my 4S to iOS7. A 128G iPhone 5S might have sold me though. I'd have to consider it then.

5. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Apr 9, 2011
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
  6. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Aug 31, 2013
    This upgrade isn't for iPhone 5 owners anyways. It's mainly for 4S owners on 2-year contracts who are eligible for upgrades. For 4S owners this is a huge upgrade.

Go enjoy your discontinued 5 and we'll see you here next year for the iPhone 6.
  7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

Jan 28, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    im on the 4s
    the only thing im missing is LTE and the faster speed.
    fingerprint reader is meh.
    64bit is meh (until iPhone 6 or 6s)
    not enticed at all by the 5S

My contract is up..i guess ill go month to month for the next 12 months
  8. krazykleo macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2013
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Don't forget the 3GS users or phoneless people like me lol :p I voted the first option but I probably will wait it out...idk yet lol
  9. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2010

iPhone 5 works well enough for me. I don't need a new one, nor will I burn $800+ dollars to buy one outright.
  10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

Jul 19, 2013
  11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

Mar 23, 2010
    ^^ this. the 4S is a great phone. The updates on the 5S are just meh for me too. I'll enjoy the iOS7 update for another year or so I suppose.
  12. AmazingGraceTx macrumors regular

Oct 24, 2012
    San Antonio Texas
    I've only had my iPhone 5 since April. Even if I could, I won't be upgrading anytime soon. My 5 has everything I need and I'm grateful to have such a great phone.
  13. eyoungren macrumors P6

Aug 31, 2011
    ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
    Same here, except I've had my iPhone 5 since launch day. Just bought my wife an iPhone 5 two weeks ago and she loves it.

Waiting for the 6 and not an incremental 'S' upgrade.
  14. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2013
    If I had waited on my upgrade, then I'd for certain say yes, I would get the 5S. But... the iP5 is so good on it's own... Naaaahhhh
  15. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

Aug 31, 2012
    An island in the Andaman Sea.
    I'm sticking with this

It has a few years left in it yet.

Attached Files:

16. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2007
    I don't want to be raped :(
    iPhone 4 owner here. 5S doesn't entice me to upgrade. iOS7 runs fine for me (beta testing for about months now). I've been upgrade eligible for about 6 months and this does NOT sell it for me. I think Cook is the end guys.
  17. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

Feb 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Stickin with my 5 until the 6 comes out. Even that video explaining the 5S on the main page said "it feels like iPhone 5 part 2".

Better camera? I'm quite satisfied with the camera on the 5
    Faster? Big whoop
    Fingerprint sensor? I've lived without since 2007, I'll be fine until 2014
  18. AJAAY macrumors regular

Sep 29, 2012
    Ironically this is my upgrade year, I signed up with Sprint for the 4S release. When the 5 came out, I upgraded with another line. So now I have an upgrade again, and most likely will just wait for the 6 and the bigger screen, because the 6 will pretty much be the 5S with a bigger screen.
  19. mytakeontech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2010
    I think you did not read the title of my topic. For whoever this upgrade is, my question was specifically for iP5 owners.
  20. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2010
    I'll upgrade but mostly because it's the deal I've worked out with my parents, I use my upgrade every other year and then use my mom's upgrade the other years and give my mom my current phone when I upgrade, who then gives my dad the previous phone, and I get his phone back. This year I'd skip it but my mom also has wanted an ipod for her car and I told her to wait for the new iphone to come out (I said this at the beginning of summer when I installed a in dash video system in her car which of course can play ipod on it) and I told her when the 5s comes out, I'll give her my 5, she'll give my dad the 4s and I'll get the 4 back (Which I will use in my truck as my ipod) and give her my ipod that I currently have) so for me it's not so much upgrading because I'm impressed with the product as much as it is that I said I would in May or June. Also I've noticed a little spot in my camera when I take pictures (which isn't a big deal) but I've noticed it and can't UNnotice it, it'll be nice to have a clear camera again that takes better photos, I do some backpacking and love only having to take my phone to use as a camera.