So... How many of you are still "wowed" by the rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WhiteIphone5, May 5, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

out of every computer i've purchased, i have always been excited. About 2-3 months into it, i get less interested but still love it however. But this computer is just different. It has been 4 months with my rMBP and im still like wow. I love the display, its gorgeous. Some times I take out the case on the macbook and just look at it for a few seconds and fall in love with it lol.
    its an amazing machine. i've owned a Mac Pro, iMac, and 2011 Macbook Pro, and in my opinion, none come close to this beast.
    i have the 15" btw.
    any of you feel the same?

2. mattonthemoon macrumors regular

mattonthemoon

I have had mine since the inital launch, i am still wowed by it everyday. It's an amazing macbook.

3. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Tbh with you when I'm very busy with work Monday - Friday starting at 9am and getting home like 8pm I'm so tired I just go straight to bed.

Occasionally it will be after a few days without using the Retina instead I'm using an iMac at work without Retina

I turn my RMBP on and I'm like WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Without that display it wouldn't be the same b

4. pedrofan macrumors 6502

I have had logic board replaced two times (1 because left usb stopped working - the other for graphics problems) and display one time (an lg with image retention for samsung with yellowish tint)... Everithing through an authorized reseller that made me wait 10 days for every fix...

Since my previous 17" macbook pro had ZERO issues in two years, and I sold it to buy this one, I can say...

.... WOWOWOWOW I hate it!!

5. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

can't wait to buy my Haswell rMBP when it comes out.

6. SMDBill macrumors 6502

That really sucks to have had to go through all that on a top of the line machine. Fortunately you got it all fixed but it makes you feel like another breakage is just waiting to happen. That feeling of solid reliability sure isn't there now.

My parents were going to buy a top of the line Nissan Altima. For my entire life (43 years) they've never really had a "nice" car, always getting an average or below average car due to costs. So they drove the Nissan and only my mom heard a slight noise, but the sales guy and my dad didn't hear it. They got a mechanic anyhow and he confirmed the noise as a faulty transmission. Needless to say, they didn't buy a Nissan after that. But, what if they had? They'd be in for those same, frustrating warranty repairs and forever would have had that uneasiness of wondering what's next.

Sorry you had that experience. That's not normal for Apple computers to have so many on one machine, but shows every company suffers from poor quality or workmanship sometimes.

7. Petulka macrumors member

Same, hope it has 700m too.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I still wow this retina display every time I change wall paper.

9. pricej636 macrumors 6502

^^ This. You don't truly appreciate the screen until you get the right wallpaper on it. Ive never gotten eye strain staring at this screen for long periods of time either, which I have on just about any other display I've used.

10. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Can't wait for mine with Broadwell in 2014. No... Skylake maybe. Or I'll just wait for Skymont :eek:

11. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Why not just wait a while longer and get Skyrim in 2020.

12. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Lol! I'll be the first in line.

13. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Never happen!

I've been waiting for my flying car and jet pack since '82.

14. abc123, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

abc123 macrumors 6502

I still find the screen amazing but given I was jumping from an '07 with 2GB of RAM I think I expected a bit more. Not that it isn't great and I know that working on large files takes time no matter the computer but I was surprised to look at my activity monitor a few hours after booting up to see over 5GB of page outs...

I could only afford a refurb with 8GB (~$1000 less than new with 16GB...). My rMBP is a dream to use over my old computer and has increased my productivity greatly so there is no point dwelling on what I can't afford.

15. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

It will continue to amaze us until retina displays become more common...

16. emptysoul macrumors regular

I've only had mine for a month or so. Still in love with it. Never had such a nice looking laptop that performs amazingly.

Going back to my crappy work PC is tough :(

17. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

These kind of comments are getting tired seeing that 2nd generation retina with Haswell is under two months away. At this point it would be foolish not to wait for either Haswell or just for the release so the price on the current computers could come down

18. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

What.... Why??

19. emptysoul macrumors regular

Why what?

20. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I've had mine since July coming from a 2007 iMac. The rMBP still WOWs me everyday. Whether it's the screen, performance or simply the design.. I just love it.

21. Mdwall macrumors member

As my first mac, I am still wowed every time I fire it up. Best compy that I've ever owned by far.

22. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

why are you going back to your crappy PC?:confused:

Edit: I re-read your comment, i thought you said you are going back to your PC. i confused tough with *thought

----------

quick question for you guys. Was it worth your 2K+ ?

23. emptysoul, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

emptysoul macrumors regular

I got a pretty decent deal on mine 10% off and had $100 of vouchers to use and also sold my Lenovo to a friend so all in it cost me around AU$1800.

Was it worth it? Hmmmm...not entirely sure but I had the money burning a hole in my pocket and wanted a nice new laptop. I don't regret the purchase one single bit but sometimes I do think it's a bit crazy to spend that much on a laptop. I certainly wouldn't have if money was tighter.

The Retina screen was the main selling point for me over similarly specced windows Ultrabooks as I'm quite into photography and digital imaging.

24. maxosx macrumors 68020

It's well done, but being a long time Apple computer user I'm used to nice laptops. Nothing wows me since I've already had excellent hi-res displays of near retina quality. Overall it's just another incremental improvement that's to be expected from Apple. They charge a hefty premium, it should be impressive.

25. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I'm still pretty impressed by it. I have a 24" VGA monitor set up as a dual display and I can definitely tell a difference when switching back and forth. I recently started watching 4k videos on Youtube and wow :eek:. Literally feels like I'm at the place the camera is at.