So how was Best Buy's stock of the iPad..?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brayhite, Mar 11, 2011.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

..particularly in Florence, KY? Did they appear to be sold out at the end of the day? I unfortunately did not have time to stand in line all day for the iPad 2 and was hoping to get one tomorrow afternoon (since they were taking "reserve" tickets to pick them up tomorrow, from what I understand) but I don't want to call and ask nor drive there and be let down.

Anyone know? You can also talk about general Best Buy stock if you bought yours from one. About 100 per store and over 1,100 stores equals 110,000 iPad 2s sold via BB alone is they are all sold out.. can't imagine how many were sold at each Apple Store, multiplied by 273 or however many Apple stores there are.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

About 150 at Dayton, Ohio I think. They handed out numbered vouchers and I got the last 32-Black-AT&T. There were only 4 of my model. While we were waiting in the checkout like the Apple Rep in the store came by and said that they put more stock in that store because the closest Apple Stores were Cincinnati and Columbus.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

So things aren't looking good for me. The Best Buy in Florence serves generally the entire northern part of Kentucky, as I think the next closest one in Kentucky is about an hour and a half away (mind the ones located in Cincinnati and bordering Indiana states). I just checked online the availability of some of the models and they all say unavailable but I have a feeling that isn't exactly accurate (not that they AREN'T unavailable, but that it isn't the most reliable source of inventory information).

4. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

They had about 100 at the LA location I was at.

5. tigert07 macrumors regular

They had 5 at the best buy in Montery, CA. that was something...

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

If you're going for a 3G model, you might try AT&T or Verizon's stores. Up here though, they didn't stock any and were doing drop shipping 3-5 business days.

7. BigWalt, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

BigWalt macrumors regular

BigWalt

The store down the road from me had 80 on hand, one of which I'm typing on :). I called at 4:10 and they told me there were only 10 people in line... Koo right, I show up 20min later and I was number 68! Lol

[​IMG]