So how's everyone's battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2IS, Sep 21, 2012.

1. 2IS macrumors 68030

I love my new iPhone 5 but I wished battery life was a bit better. It could be simply because I'm using it a lot and everyone wants to check it out, being the first day of owmership and everything. Ill get a better feel for it when it goes through a full days work on Monday.

2. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Mine seemed a bit short, but I'm pretty sure its because of this being the first day and I'm using it tons. I agree that it will be better to see how the phone makes it through Monday.

3. Tucana macrumors newbie

I upgraded from a 4. I used the phone a ton today checking out Siri and some new apps. It seemed the battery life lasted longer than I expected. Very pleased with battery life. Tomorrow will be true test. As ill use it all day.

4. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

Most post from another thread.:

It's awesome, much better than my 2 year old iPhone 4.

I had it plugged into the Mac yesterday while setting it up, was plugged in copying music, etc, while I was playing with it.

Has been unplugged ever since, used it for a few hours last night, several hours today. Been connected to Wifi, browsing, Flipboard, Facebook, a few texts/iMessages, a couple of short (1-2 minute) phone calls, a few games (Words With Friends, SocialChess, etc...), BlueTooth to speakerdock for 30 mins.

Currently at 14% remaining:

"Time Since Last Full Charge" stats:
    Usage: 7 hours 41 minutes
    Standby: 20 hours, 47 minutes

Will run it down to 0 and do another full charge, but yet another aspect that I'm very impressed with.

5. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

Superb.

I got my phone around 8:25 AM, and messed around on it until about 10 AM before finally taking a nap before I went into work at 1:30 PM. I used the hell out of it today (between coworkers wanting to see it/taking panoramas) and when I got off work at Midnight, I was still at 39%.

Magic.

6. Bluphyre macrumors member

mine seemed to go very fast.. from 80% to 1% in 3 hours
    hoping that it was just a small initial charge and im doing a full one overnight.

fingers crossed.

7. OceanstarUK macrumors newbie

OceanstarUK

Its a normal case with lithium batteries. It would need at least 3 full charge/discharge cycles to reach its 'optimal' level.

You'd still need to go through that cycle periodically to keep your battery in good shape and recalibrate the percentage calculator.

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Hope you're right. Mine drained so fast (under pretty light usage) I'm a bit worried. Going to charge overnight and drain tomorrow. Hopefully it's better than today. :(

9. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Yeah i only get 5 hours of screen-on time with wifi browsing......:(:confused:

10. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Happy to say that with an 8 hour sleep it only dropped 8% battery, compared to 20-30 with my 4S.

Vastly improved for me.

11. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I turned LTE off as we don't have it, but once again the 3G switch has been removed!

I have a very weak 3G signal in my area so the phone switches constantly which means I am not getting a good battery life with the 5, it was better on the 4S with the 3G switch turned off.

So there you go, needless battery drain because apple hates adding the 3G toggle as having it off makes Siri perform slower. Muppets lol