So I did not know Aug 22 was the cutoff for early iphone buyers, how screwed am I?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Despacio, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Despacio macrumors member

I called Apple and discovered the reason my phone was not eligible for the free case was because the cutoff deadline was August 22nd since I bought my phone in late July. Everywhere I looked I saw the deadline of September 30, I thought I was in the clear to wait. But like an idiot I arrived late to the party. The reception problem only occurs at home but I rarely notice because I have wi-fi. It's why I didn't jump right away, that and I wasnt sure what case to get.

Is there any way to convince them to get a free bumper, because last I checked my defected antenna will not magically fix itself after September 30. Their website doesn't even mention August 22nd until the bottom of the page, September 30th is mentioned againa and again before you get there.

Anyways, talking to them they say they have no way to give out bumpers which confuses me because I read a ton of people were getting them in the early days from Apple before the program was launched. Are they lying to me?

Any advice?

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

dude, its 30days after purchase...bottom line, its outlined in the case program app itself even

3. Despacio thread starter macrumors member

Uhh, nevermind, after asking for a supervisor, in which I was warned it could take thirty minutes to wait for one, the rep came back with a much friendlier tone saying that they would send me a bumper. And it did not take thirty minutes, more like 5. So for any other people as dumb as me apparently, you can still get that bumper before tomorrows deadline if persistent.

I do find it funny that after being told there was no way they even had of sending out bumpers they suddenly found the ability to do so. I was basically lied to, I didn't expect such tactics from Apple customer service, oh well.

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

of course if you complain and get the right person they will bend and give you one...but the program ends tomorrow and the program outlined the rules for the free cases.

It was said still even after sept 30th if you call in and complain they will still give you a case but the "free for all" will be over.

I got my 2 cases (got my original iphone replaced)...it was a generous but needed gesture by apple to do this but like all good things, its gotta come to an end at some point

glad you got sorted out :D

5. Despacio thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it all worked out in the end. I give a lot of my low income to Apple, I don't think a $2 piece of plastic is going to bankrupt them. :) Thanks for the response.

6. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76