So I guess people buy MBP then come to this forum...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kidwithdimples, Apr 24, 2011.

1. kidwithdimples, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

and automatically assume their new MBP has a problem such as overheating, MBP not turning on or battery dying so soon.

:facepalm:

2. Manacit macrumors member

Manacit

Yep.

And then people start pulling the "WELL IM GLAD I STUCK WITH MY 2010 MODEL LOOK AT ALL OF THE ISSUES PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH THE 2011 HAHA" ********.

It's maddening.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

some people come here before they buy just so they can anticipate things like battery health, over-heating etc ... then they buy only to come back and post away

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Hey I still have a late 2009 model and I haven't experienced ANY issues at all. I did have one issue with the screen being a little wonky, but it was something I did, and I corrected it easily.

On that note I do hope I can afford to get a late-2011?-2012 model 15".

5. johnnj macrumors 6502a

I used to think my Macs were pretty good until I started reading this forum.

Now I know they suck. I little knowledge goes a long way!

6. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

7. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

MBP not turning on? There's a pill for that ;)

8. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

So I guess people come to this forum and assume that people buy MBP then come to this forum and automatically assume their new MBP has a problem such as overheating, MBP not turning on or battery dying so soon. :p

Seriously though, some people might be influenced by threads that point out problems with these machines, other people won't. This has been pointed out many times before, but people whose machine works fine are much less likely to waste time posting "Hey everyone, my MBP works just fine..."; people who have a problem though - those who might be frustrated, confused, or those who just need help with something - are much more likely to make a thread about it.

9. mac jones macrumors 68040

It's the techno church (topical, eh? )

Devotees come here to worship and pray. Like for cooler temperatures, more ram, SSD's and shiny new bezels.

They mourn their loss of loved ones, and ask forgiveness for voiding warranties.

It's sad really :D

10. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Some people come here before they buy, and decide that this is the same thing that happens whenever an update comes, and figure that the people having no issues probably aren't posting just to say "hey look, no issues!" so the data is almost certainly extremely skewed toward having issues when most models are probably fine... then they buy, have no issues, come back anyway, and post about other stuff.

11. RockPortTech macrumors regular

I came here before I bought my MacBook Pro, 2 weeks old and I don't ever expect a problem unless through my noobness I cause it myself. I am truly enjoying my new laptop.

Thank you everyone for all the advice BEFORE I bought it. Best damn purchase I've made in a long time. A wise investment of my $1,300 (MBP+Taxes) was the out the door price at Best Buy.

And I would do it all again any old day. Feels good not using a Hackintosh or Linux Distro made up to look like the real thing I have now.

12. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

I don't understand. Why would reading a bunch of posts make your MBP not turn on? And as far as heat goes... can they *all* be wrong?

I suppose your solution is to merely keep one's head in the sand. After all, If you don't know about it... it never happened.

LOL!

13. dslrjunky macrumors regular

same goes for all the stuff that people buy, whiners seems to make more noise than their MBP fan