So I JB my friends 3GS on 3.1.3 last night now he has a supposed issue...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LiveFreeDie, Sep 8, 2010.

1. LiveFreeDie macrumors regular

He's not really too tech savy ive been telling him he should let me jailbreak his phone for about a month now but wouldn't let me do it. Until finally we were at the bar last night and I busted out NES ad and he had to have it. So I went to jailbreakme.com did the jailbreak installed nes ad and the pdf patch and that was it.

Just now he sends me a text saying his sound isn't as loud now since I jailbroke it. He said hes positive that its not as loud and hes not being paranoid. I'm actually going to goto his work and pick up his phone and bring it home with me to see if I can find an issue since I now feel kind of responsible haha.

My question is this... is this a known issue? I did a quick search and nothing came up.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

That would be news to me...

Oh yeah, you are responsible if the JB did in fact reduce his volume levels...

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree. Jb has nothing to do with it.
    That's as loud as it goes.

4. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Just restore it before you give it back to him, then all will be as it was before you "convinced" him he needed a jailbroken phone.

That's why I make the offer but never convince.

5. LiveFreeDie thread starter macrumors regular

Well he just came over on his lunch break and I compared both our 3GS side by side and sound by sound and it turns out his sound is actually a tad bit louder then mine and he agreed haha. But by no means at all is his volume any lower then what it was before the jailbreak so yes he was just paranoid.

Its funny after I assured him is volume level was fine he wanted me to change his at&t symbol and get him the 5 icon dock... so I did. And for the record he "technically" jailbroke his own phone. All I did was open safari and bring him to jailbreakme.com handed him the phone and told him if he really wanted it all he had to do was slide it to jailbreak haha.