So I just got done installing iOS 7 GM and I am literally sitting here shaking

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by egeek84, Sep 15, 2013.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

from amazement/excitement.

You guys don't even understand, this is like going from Windows 95 to Windows 7 (not even XP.)

It is a complete and total rehaul of the iOS we all have grown to love while STILL keeping the core iOS functionality the same yet ADDING new and improved ways of managing your iOS devices. Steve would DEFINATELY BE PLEASED.

Just the animations, the fluidness, and most surprisngly, how quick I was able to pick up on things. I'll be honest, prior to installing the GM, I had not run any of the betas so wasn't sure what I was getting myself into but I had nothing to fear at all, iOS7 is VERY user friendly.

I just love the overall look of it so much, it blends in well with our modern life.

Things i've noticed:
    I don't get where everyone is saying theres lag. I experienced no lag whatsoever. I mean it does take a second to get to the homescreen but I actually love that cuz of how it does it, the icons popping in or whatever. Kind of reminds me of launchpad a bit.

With that being said, I feel like it ran the best on my iPhone 5, second best on my iPad 4, and there was very slight delay on my iPod Touch 5th gen. But don't get me wrong, it's nothing even worth mentioning. HOWEVER, I should also state that these were all fresh installs of iOS7 with no apps/music/data or anything at all so who knows how performance will be in real world use.

But in summary, I just have to say that Apple really brought it home with this release. This is iOS for a new generation but it's still the iOS we've all grown to love since the release of the original iPhone back in 2007.

If I had to critique anything at all, (and this would be very hard to do,) it would be to make the text a tiny bit bigger or at least give that option (and it may already have the option, I didn't bother checking) I just noticed when I was reading the descriptions for my tv show episodes, the text was very tiny :)

Oh and finally I also have to say that iTunes Radio is FREAKIN AWESOME! They integrated it so tightly and beautifully with the music player and iTunes. Everything just works together so well.

Bravo Apple! You hit a home run yet again!

TLDR: iOS7 is amazeballs

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

3. mackandproud macrumors 6502

There's such a wide range of responses to iOS 7; it really runs the gamut.

I'm hoping I'm in the 'moderately positive' camp after I use it. More than anything, I'm looking forward to the incremental updates which smooth out any rough edges over the next few weeks and months.

4. nickprete11 macrumors regular

5. syd430, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013

syd430 Guest

All I know is that tens of millions of people that have never heard of ios 7 are going to be pissed when they wake up midweek only to find that their phone looks completely different, having hastily pushed the "update" button the night before without caring to read the changelog. It doesn't matter how good ios 7 is (i personally like it), this is going to be a big fail IMO (the initial rollout).

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I'd love to see the expression on one of those people's faces. :D

7. mackandproud macrumors 6502

See, this is what I mean; OP says it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and a few posts later someone else says it will bring cataclysmic flooding.

Welcome to the tim cook era.

8. syd430 Guest

Actually I personally like it, you've missed the point of my post completely.

9. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Tim Cook could actually use an acting lesson—he couldn't feign this level of excitement.

10. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Just updated the wife's phone, at first she was "WTF is this"
    But an hour later she said 'Its Fantastic".

11. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Sounds like people with bipolar disorder will be very happy with iOS 7.

12. Stalyn macrumors regular

Thread started would you mind going out for a few drinks an talk about ios7 if you don't mind?

13. Edge macrumors member

Hearing Tim Cook use the term "amazeballs" in a Keynote would win the internet.

14. mackandproud macrumors 6502

OP is happy enough as it is without drinking.

15. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Usually when I can't stop shaking it's because I've had too much coffee or sugar, or I have to take a leak.

16. KUPARA macrumors regular

KUPARA

For the people installing iOS 7 since Beta 1...

we are already wanting iOS 8. iOS 7 is already boring ;)

17. glhiii macrumors regular

Like it

I am VERY pleased with it -- it's elegant, but manages to be bright and colorful at the same time. I would hate to go back to 6.

18. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

This is a refreshing thread. I am so sick of people complaining about the little things, its nice to see someone appreciating the hard work that someone did, for a FREE OS update, that you don't have to download.

Bravo OP. Bravo.

19. mackandproud macrumors 6502

That's a good point. It's an entitlement/toxic narcissism overload generation. My guess it that many of those complaining are well into their 30's and older, and should know better than to identify with something as silly and vacuous as an iOS.

Strange days, indeed.

20. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I am happy to see the OP's excitement and I hope they fix all the keyboards though that is the big annoying thing for now

21. mackandproud macrumors 6502

What's the issue?

22. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I know right? I feel like I ruined the fun for myself by installing it so early. But I guess I just had the same fun just earlier than most people. I must say beta 1 on the iPhone 5 was pretty damn stable.

23. Paddle1 macrumors 68020

Probably this, note that it is iOS 7.
    [​IMG]

24. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

25. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

now we just get to wait for the 7.0.1, 7.0.2 and 7.1 updates..

----------

what app is this?