Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WiiDSmoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
Say what you want, and I know this a movie; but Steve Jobs is an *******. No I'm not trolling, but geez! I've heard stories but I had no idea that it was this bad. And the scary thing is, is that this is probably just the icing on the cake.

The man didn't invent, design, nor code anything at all.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
He was the business-genius match to Woz, who was the engineering genius.

I don't recall anyone every claiming Steve Jobs wrote the original Mac OS, designed the original Mac himself, so save your straw-man missives for a political forum.

Steve saw what Woz made, and productized it. Steve directed many of the design elements of the original Mac (he plopped a phone book on a desk and said the original Mac's footprint should fit the size of the phone book).

Steve Jobs insisted the Mac be a GUI interface, mouse input computer. The original Mac was a command-line only no mouse "word processor" concept before Steve Jobs took over the project started by Jeff Raskin.

Pretty much every major Apple product since Steve came back to Apple has been directly influenced by Steve Jobs.

Pirate of Silicon Valley is a movie, a movie with very loose recreations of history. Apple didn't "steal/copy" the Xerox GUI concept, they paid for the rights to see it and use the fundamental concepts.

Don't base your perception of reality entirely on a dramatized movie.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
He was the business-genius match to Woz, who was the engineering genius.

I don't recall anyone every claiming Steve Jobs wrote the original Mac OS, designed the original Mac himself, so save your straw-man missives for a political forum.

Steve saw what Woz made, and productized it. Steve directed many of the design elements of the original Mac (he plopped a phone book on a desk and said the original Mac's footprint should fit the size of the phone book).

Steve Jobs insisted the Mac be a GUI interface, mouse input computer. The original Mac was a command-line only no mouse "word processor" concept before Steve Jobs took over the project started by Jeff Raskin.

Pretty much every major Apple product since Steve came back to Apple has been directly influenced by Steve Jobs.

Pirate of Silicon Valley is a movie, a movie with very loose recreations of history. Apple didn't "steal/copy" the Xerox GUI concept, they paid for the rights to see it and use the fundamental concepts.

Don't base your perception of reality entirely on a dramatized movie.

+1 Read iWoz or iCon. You will get more out of a book than a movie.

As said above, Woz was the engineer and Jobs was the business man.

stev3n

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2010
I haven't seen that movie in a while. Are there any other Apple related movies anyone can recommend?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Say what you want, and I know this a movie; but Steve Jobs is an *******. No I'm not trolling, but geez! I've heard stories but I had no idea that it was this bad. And the scary thing is, is that this is probably just the icing on the cake.

I've never seen the movie, so i may be way off base...

But I definitely wouldn't base my opinion of anyone off of a movie. I'm not saying he isn't a an ******, but you have to take everything in movies like that with a grain of salt. As people are with The Social Network.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Read iWoz and you'll find out how big of a jerk Jobs can be. He was working for Atari, and they offered a prize for coders who could reduce the size of the code on the cartridges. Jobs offered Woz half the reward if he could pull it off, which he did. The problem was that he lied about the amount of the reward. I forget the numbers, but it was basically something like $500 reward and Jobs told Woz it was a $100 reward and splits that amount with him. Really classy.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Right? I liked him so much better when he was the nice doctor on ER.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Read iWoz and you'll find out how big of a jerk Jobs can be. He was working for Atari, and they offered a prize for coders who could reduce the size of the code on the cartridges. Jobs offered Woz half the reward if he could pull it off, which he did. The problem was that he lied about the amount of the reward. I forget the numbers, but it was basically something like $500 reward and Jobs told Woz it was a $100 reward and splits that amount with him. Really classy.

With the billions Jobs got for Woz, I think they're even. :D

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

Jobs has never claimed to invent Apple products ... he is a Marketing Genius :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.