Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I just thought I'd shre my good fortune here..... :)

I just blagged a Mac Mini for £20. Long story short I got done but an incompetant admin allowing a colleague of mine to usurp me on a Power Mac 1GHz G4 (Mirror) when I had first refusal. The idiot admin allowed him to have it for £20!!!! WTF

So I asked about th Mac Mini today and my manager (onmy side) said frak em if they sold the PowerMac for £20 (which is less powerful) then they should let me have the mini for £20 also. Just found out its mine ! !!! ! ! ! !!

W00t - A 1.8 MacMini is all mine (and I know its good as I am the only one who takes care of mac stuff in our organisation).

I am gonna spend the princely sum of £20 to up its ram from 512KB to 2GB and then I'd like to give it a nice juicy HDD upgrade. She will be my new 'lounge' mac - for watching movies n stuff on :)

Quick Question - what HDD do I need to procure for her? (never taken the lid off).

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Nice!
512KB to 2GB will be quite the ram upgrade :p

You'll need a serial ata (sata) laptop drive.
Careful with the upgrade, its a bit difficult, enjoy your mini!

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
i think the latest icreate mag has a tutorial on how to upgrade the mac minis HD, not sure. I presume your in the UK as you said £'s :D

But well done Mac mini for £20 Can you get me one too.:p

costabunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
i think the latest icreate mag has a tutorial on how to upgrade the mac minis HD, not sure. I presume your in the UK as you said £'s :D

But well done Mac mini for £20 Can you get me one too.:p

Gibraltar actually, but we use sterling here (and Gibraltar Pounds too) lol

yeh wish there were more or that I didnt want it - potential for profit is awesome (the Ferenghi in me).

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Great find.

I love my Mac Mini and it's only a G4 1.42 Ghz model with 32 MB video card and a gig of RAM, but it gets the job done. It replaced my dual 500 Mhz Power Mac with 16 MB video card and a gig of RAM. What's cool is that I have the same keyboard, mouse, and monitors. If I ever replace this Mac mini, it will be with another Mac mini with the dual Intel processor and much larger hard drive. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.