So I spilt a little alcohol cleaning the keyboard and my "home/left" key doesn't work

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Yr Blues, Oct 29, 2009.

  1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #1
    Do you think it will eventually get back to normal once the alcohol completely evaporates or did it completely "short out" a circuit?

    I can live with out it for a while. I wish it happened to the secondary "enter" key instead—since it was right next to it. :rolleyes:

    Maybe I can reprogram the "enter" key to act like the "home/left" key. :confused:
     
  2. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

    pellets007

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Location:
    New York
  3. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

    XboxMySocks

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2009
    #3
    You should have immediately disconnected any power sources to the i/macBook, and wait a full 48 hours for any liquids to evapourate/dry out.
     

Share This Page