So I upgraded (downgraded?) to a MacBook Pro and now my windows partition broke :(

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ohsnaps!itsjeff, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Ohsnaps!itsjeff macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    i had an aluminum uni body macbook and i traded for an early 2008 macbook pro. All i did was swap the hard drives expecting everything to work smoothly. well, mac os x works fine, but when i boot up my bootcamp partition, it loads but in a terrible resolution, and the keyboard and track-pad don't work. im assuming its an issue with drivers, but i cant get anything to respond. is there any way to fix this? i was thinking i could load up the partition in parallels or vmware and fix the drivers that way, but im not sure where i would get the drivers from.

thanks in advance for the hellp guys.;)
  2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Jan 12, 2009
    Norman, OK
    I would suggest getting the drivers from the install disks that came with the MacBook Pro. It will most definitely have them on there.
  3. Ohsnaps!itsjeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    no disks :( and im not sure if the superdrive would work in this state, although i havent tried.
  4. Ohsnaps!itsjeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    does anyone know if there are MacBook Pro 4,1 specific drivers for windows xp?