So I want to upgrade to iOS4, where does my paid cydia apps go?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by p0rkch0p, Jun 12, 2010.

1. p0rkch0p macrumors member

I did a brief search but couldn't find an answer. I want to do a clean restore to iOS4 when it comes out then wait for a stable JB. In the meantime where do my paid cydia apps go? Am I able to redownload for free after I JB again or do I have to repurchase them? Thanks.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Cydia apps are tied to a Google or Paypal account I think, so yes, if the developers upgrade them to work with 4.0

3. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Dhlizard is mostly right. Apps bought through the cydia store will be available for free to redownload once you login with the same credentials. You can download these on a different device or additional devices, too.

However, for apps that are bought directly from developers (e.g., Lockinfo), each dev can set his own rules. I'm sure that most will let you redownload for free, but it's up to each dev. If the license is tied to your uuid, installing after updating to 4.0 should be no problem.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, forgot about LockInfo. Thanks !

5. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

Sorry, hate to be that guy but I just read through this thread title for the third time. Where do my paid cydia apps go?

There, it's done and I can be at peace.

6. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

When you restore they are deleted. There is no automatic sync/storage to you computer.

7. kevhui macrumors regular

OP, after that, re-install Cydia and re-install the paid apps.