So I woke up and found my phone not even half way charged

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bcbryanc, Dec 3, 2011.

1. bcbryanc macrumors member

Went to sleep with the phone plugged in, woke up and it was 32%

Looked at my usage and it was about the same hours as how much I slept almost.

Have had this phone for a couple weeks now and this never happened or did I have any problems with my phone being used while it's just sitting there

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. ryan.go.habs macrumors regular

Just unplug then plug your phone back in. It is possible to have a loose connection and it will show its charging, but its not.

4. bcbryanc thread starter macrumors member

Yeah plugged it back in when I saw it and it still stayed the same, only thing I can think of I pulled wire while I was sleeping a little and it came out a tiny bit.

Not sure why my usage was so high though, haven't had that problem before.

5. rookiezzz macrumors regular

Try to charge it outside of your room. Some people do sleep and walk, maybe you pull the cable when you were sleeping and put it back again before you finally 100% sleep lol. My friends do that, especially texting lol..

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Well, I am not sure what to think here. I assume the phone wasn't fully charged before you went to be? Or was it? I can't tell if your complaint is that it didn't charge at all (while on the charger) or if it drained from 100% to 32% while idle during the time you were asleep.

Was the screen active? You will run the usage meter whilst your screen is active.

7. bcbryanc thread starter macrumors member

I went to sleep and it was at about 5% to I charged it while i slept and woke up without plugged in about 7 hours later and it had 32% charge on it.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Try a different outlet. If that doesn't work, then the power cube may be faulty or the USB cable is.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

My iP4S charges faster than any phone I've owned. The battery issue may be imagined like the non existent antenna myth.

10. big samm macrumors 65816

Try resetting the device by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time

11. bcbryanc thread starter macrumors member

Did a hard reset, let it drain all the way until it shut down.... Than I let it charge all the way. Will see if it happens again or not. Thank you everyone.

12. derickdub macrumors 6502

You may have had an app running in the background. Mine does this with OoTunes (for internet radio streams) over 3G.

Make sure all your apps are completely closed before charging it, or at least the ones that continue to function when not actively open.

13. shotts56 macrumors 6502

What on earth does this mean ???

14. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

I think they meant the standby time was about the same amount of time they had slept.