So I woke up and found my phone not even half way charged

bcbryanc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Went to sleep with the phone plugged in, woke up and it was 32%

Looked at my usage and it was about the same hours as how much I slept almost.

Have had this phone for a couple weeks now and this never happened or did I have any problems with my phone being used while it's just sitting there

ryan.go.habs

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Just unplug then plug your phone back in. It is possible to have a loose connection and it will show its charging, but its not.

bcbryanc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Yeah plugged it back in when I saw it and it still stayed the same, only thing I can think of I pulled wire while I was sleeping a little and it came out a tiny bit.

Not sure why my usage was so high though, haven't had that problem before.

rookiezzz

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
WA,USA
Try to charge it outside of your room. Some people do sleep and walk, maybe you pull the cable when you were sleeping and put it back again before you finally 100% sleep lol. My friends do that, especially texting lol..

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Well, I am not sure what to think here. I assume the phone wasn't fully charged before you went to be? Or was it? I can't tell if your complaint is that it didn't charge at all (while on the charger) or if it drained from 100% to 32% while idle during the time you were asleep.

Was the screen active? You will run the usage meter whilst your screen is active.

bcbryanc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I went to sleep and it was at about 5% to I charged it while i slept and woke up without plugged in about 7 hours later and it had 32% charge on it.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
My iP4S charges faster than any phone I've owned. The battery issue may be imagined like the non existent antenna myth.

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
Try resetting the device by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time

bcbryanc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Did a hard reset, let it drain all the way until it shut down.... Than I let it charge all the way. Will see if it happens again or not. Thank you everyone.

derickdub

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
VA
You may have had an app running in the background. Mine does this with OoTunes (for internet radio streams) over 3G.

Make sure all your apps are completely closed before charging it, or at least the ones that continue to function when not actively open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.