So if i buy a Refurb... Will Apple Store Take care of it??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sukanas, May 1, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

the title pretty much says it

so lets say my 24" refurb has yellow bleed or w/e and it take it into the apple store
    will they replace it w/ a new one?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes...You get the exact same warranty, as well as the exact same opportunity to extend it

3. Doctorsti macrumors regular

if it needs to be replaced will the apple store take it or will you have to send it back to apple to get a new one in the mail? I assume they replace refurbs with other refurbs but I live 10 minutes from an apple store and would hate to have to ship something back to apple instead of go drop it off.

4. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

For Apple machines: desktops and laptops, regardless if it were refurbished or new, Apple first tries to repair the product. They do not up front give you a new machine. Usually for laptops, they send the notebook in unless if it were a simple repair. For desktops, the Applestore tries to fix it there if they have the parts on hand. If they don't, they usually order it and still repair it at the store. Under extreme circumstances, apple replaces the machine.

5. Doctorsti macrumors regular

If this is true then the machines that are "refurb" were machines that had "extreme circumstance" problems? I am not sure I want a machine that had major problems but was fixed by apple corporate. In some cases the problems that arise are because of some silent defect in a part that causes failure possibly in other parts of the computer. I don't know if I am confident Apple makes these machines as good or better then new. I am skeptical but I also don't have much experience with Apple.