So if I have an issue with my iPhone, and I bought it from radioshack...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 24, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

will Apple want me to go back to radioshack even if they don't have the 5 in stock or is it fine to make an genius bar appointment?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yep... go to apple. the warranty on the phone is through apple not radioshack.

werent you the one whos phone was bent?

i bought mine through verizon and had it replaced due to a dead pixel at apple

3. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

it is but I know they would never believe my story so I'm just going to replace it for other issues like inexplicably losing signal/wifi coverage in strong areas, messed up ambient light sensor (I don't think a normal one changes as much as mine in the same lighting) and a home button that hasn't been completely responsive, along with the touch screen. Maybe my expectations are just high. However I do also have minor reasons for getting it replaced such as the bend and the nick on the back that I've dealt with for almost a month but it's really starting to get to me.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

nah you're good those are all normal issues. also if you just restore it.. and say that the battery life is subpar they will replace it.. of course they first say "do a restore as new etc" and once you tell them it is they will check it out.

you can always tell them the phone will randomly say "no sim" and tell them you had the sim replaced already.

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Sure, just make up anything. They'll just take your word for it and give you a new phone.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

well I actually have restored my phone, 3 times and the battery life is still subpar, come on now only 30 minutes of use and it's already at 80%???? That's only on 3g with 3-4 bars of signal

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

if he indeed did get a phone that was bent (ive seen videos of people unboxing and its bent).. and apple doesnt believe him... yes make something up.

8. cynics macrumors G3

Is there any chance Apple will see his phone is bent and say the problems are hardware related due to physical forces on the circuit board and etc? Then say he bent it?

Sounds like a nightmare experience to actually open the box to find a damaged phone.

9. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

They gave me a new phone. Flawless. Didn't tell them it was bent. Although I think it might have came from getting ghost armor since they heated it. Turns out my phone crashed more than usual and it affected the battery.