So if the next iphone comes out in September will we get iOS5 in june/july ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, May 13, 2011.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

May 21, 2009
    What are the chances apple releases ios 5 before the next iphone comes out in September
  2. saving107 macrumors 603

Oct 14, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    In the past Apple has released a beta OS 2-3 months before going Gold Master and shipping the new OS on a New Device, I feel this year will be the same. Since we're not getting the beta until June, 3 months later in September falls right in line with the rumors of the next iPhone release.
  3. jrodsep macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2010
    Probably will be announced on June with only a late summer release window. iPhone 4s reveal and iOS 5 release date could be announced be early September.
  4. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2010
    I don't think Apple will announce before August/September. Apple ALWAYS announces when their devices are ready to ship (White iPhone aside...)

Apple will go bankrupt before they announce a product and wait 2-3 months and let the competition catch up. I see too often companies like HTC, Samsung, and Motorola announce a product and wait 2-4 months til release. By then the competition caught up and game over.

Apple will either announce June and release June/July or announce August/September and release around the same time.
  5. Born Again macrumors regular

May 12, 2011
    I'm surprised how locked down it's been, u don't hear about features being tested.
  6. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2010
    :D After the debacle last year I am not surprised. Wish WikiLeaks could get us something...
  7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2010
    In America
    Yup it's true, and i agree.

iOS 5 will launch with the new iPhone 5 just like it did with iPhone upgrades in the past. So looks like September it is.