So if the next iphone comes out in September will we get iOS5 in june/july ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, May 13, 2011.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

What are the chances apple releases ios 5 before the next iphone comes out in September

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

In the past Apple has released a beta OS 2-3 months before going Gold Master and shipping the new OS on a New Device, I feel this year will be the same. Since we're not getting the beta until June, 3 months later in September falls right in line with the rumors of the next iPhone release.

3. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Probably will be announced on June with only a late summer release window. iPhone 4s reveal and iOS 5 release date could be announced be early September.

4. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I don't think Apple will announce before August/September. Apple ALWAYS announces when their devices are ready to ship (White iPhone aside...)

Apple will go bankrupt before they announce a product and wait 2-3 months and let the competition catch up. I see too often companies like HTC, Samsung, and Motorola announce a product and wait 2-4 months til release. By then the competition caught up and game over.

Apple will either announce June and release June/July or announce August/September and release around the same time.

5. Born Again macrumors regular

I'm surprised how locked down it's been, u don't hear about features being tested.

6. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

:D After the debacle last year I am not surprised. Wish WikiLeaks could get us something...

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Yup it's true, and i agree.

iOS 5 will launch with the new iPhone 5 just like it did with iPhone upgrades in the past. So looks like September it is.