So If You Do Have A Bent iPhone And Take It To Apple...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Oct 1, 2014.

?

If I Take A Bent iPhone 6 Plus To An Apple Store

1. They Will Certainly Replace It Without Doubt

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Some Stores Might Replace, Others Wont

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. No, Bent iPhone 6 Plus's Will Not Be Replaced

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Konvictz macrumors regular

If my iPhone 6 Plus does bend and I take it to apple, will I get a new replacement? I have heard they will first, now I'm hearing they wont fix it or give a replacement. I mean I paid quite a lot as I went for 128gb option, its not exactly cheap.

Can someone clear this up for me?

This is not debating whether the bend issue exists, or whether we should be worried. As someone who someone who has purchased the plus model, I am worried no doubt because there are now something like 100 examples of bent iphone 6's around youtube, tech websites, instagram, facebook and even on this very forum, the forceful ones do not worry me, its the ones that bent through normal use.

If you want to challenge me on that point, I discuss my worries on there.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1793067

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

From my understanding Apple needs to inspect the phone first to be sure it wasn't deliberately bent. At that point it's a management call. Nobody is guaranteed a replacement unless they have Applecare Plus and are willing to pay the $79 deductible.

3. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

9 / 12,000,000 = .000075% chance of it happening.

If it happens to your phone, you need to try your hand at the lottery.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If there's clearly signs of deliberate bending, they'll reject it out of hand. A light bend will likely be seen as more unintentional and you'll have a better chance.

Though if I were you, I'd get Applecare+. The cost of that plus one damage repair incident comes out way less than a full-on out of warranty replacement.

5. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Well I tend to get a new phone every year, which means I've always been under warranty, and even when I've had issues past the warranty date, Apple have always been nice to me by replacing my iPhone. One of the reasons why I still continue to use iPhone.

But after paying the price I paid for a 128gb iphone 6 plus, why should I have to pay more? I expect a device of this price range, which is the absolute highest in it's product range, to work and give me the service I have come to expect. So I will not be purchasing extra Applecare.

6. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

You're not going to get meaningful results from this poll.

7. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Honestly if I had a bend I'd probably just return it for a full refund and not go through the exchange process, you could re buy later or from a different store/internet if you still wanted one.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm sure they would replace it. Just be nice and don't like like a monkey in the store!

9. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I think a lot depends on who you happen to talk to when you walk in the door. It is nice to have 5 local Apple stores. Rather than argue a point, it has been easier to just leave and go to a different store.

10. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

nor am I going to get anything meaningful from you, but hey your still commenting...

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Why does he have a still commenting?

12. deviant macrumors 65816

Because INGRISH!

13. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Actually it's the other way around. If you've purchased a phone that expensive, you really need to insure it in some way to prevent a large loss. Whether that's the carrier insurance, AppleCare, or Squaretrade, if something happens you won't be out $329-$949.

14. r-m macrumors 6502a

I think it may have been a subtle jab at Konvictz typo. Your/You're

15. deviant macrumors 65816

NOWAY!

Anyway... It's always amusing how people spend like 1000 bucks on their phone and then buy a case for 10 bucks. Never understood that. Spend a little more, you already spent 1000 bucks. Protect it for good! Applecare+ is worth it. At least you can sleep well and don't think about it.

16. r-m macrumors 6502a

Yes. I've had insurance since my iPhone 4, the same account actually. I always just update the device it covers when I get a new one. That reminds me... I need to change it to my iPhone 6. Although the company I'm with are quite good at being flexible with my registered device, as long as I can provided proof of purchase and proof of usage.

----------

I think this every time I get a new phone. I always get a case with it. I always end up stopping using it after a month or so.
    I actually got the Spigen one that costs £8.99 off Amazon. I don't see the point in spending more money on cases, when some of them aren't protecting the phone that well. Apple's own are more expensive, but I've already seen a post from someone that dropped their 6 (or 6+, can't remember) in it's Apple case, and it smashed.

I do spend £10 a month on my insurance. Plus £50 per claim.

17. deviant macrumors 65816

Well, spigen is a good one. I meant those chinese knockoffs. Like 10 cases for 10 bucks on amazon :)) It's just silly seeing an iPhone and a piece of trash on it. Looks like diamonds on a pile of.....

18. Gizah macrumors newbie

Too bad there's obviously more than 9 people with bent phones.

19. sleepyking macrumors 6502

They took mine back. Looked at it, no further questions and issued my refund. This was the 6